Bus for sale - any nomads here?

It was just a joke, but seriously, they did a really nice job on the inside.

No toilet though?

I'm a Nomad. Fulltimer for 3 years now.

IMO, weekenders toy. Way too much wasted open space, no external storage compartments, minimal interior storage and no potty. Real wood - ouch on the tonnage and noise while driving. I really hope that stove is SECURELY bolted down to the chassis and reinforced structural members. Probably a bunch of other showstoppers though I'll stop at the blatantly obvious ones and neglect the several others that should be visible that are not visible and/or implied missing.

It's way way WAY too frigging long for my adventures. 27-29 is maximum. 35ft would turn it into a permanent landmark in places me and my fulltimer friend have been to. (You do NOT want to know one of the places we got the 29ft Class C into - we thought we were going to need a helicopter to get it out. It just barely fit and that was us not being afraid to do the impossible)

Interesting and pretty. Not practical for the hard core fulltimer types such as myself.

IMO, weekenders toy. Way too much wasted open space, no external storage compartments, minimal interior storage and no potty. Real wood - ouch on the tonnage and noise while driving. I really hope that stove is SECURELY bolted down to the chassis and reinforced structural members. Probably a bunch of other showstoppers though I'll stop at the blatantly obvious ones and neglect the several others that should be visible that are not visible and/or implied missing.

The "Gas engine with a 5-speed" is what caught my eye. Ticking time bomb that's going to suck down a LOT of the expensive go-juice. This would only be worth buying if your plan was to have it make one last voyage and park it in your back yard (or next to the grass strip ya have up north) and leave it as a non-moving work/guest/whatever cottage.

13K for a school bus, they are out of their hippy minds.

The "Gas engine with a 5-speed" is what caught my eye. Ticking time bomb that's going to suck down a LOT of the expensive go-juice.

Anything in the fully self contained house on wheels category is going to suck fuel. Some just have more power than others. 6-8mpg is typical.

Why a time bomb? Just take care of it like any other engine and it'll likely go way further than the owner will typically ever take it. 100K miles is considered decently broke in. Most motorhomes never see that kind of mileage since they're such low use.

that could make a nice tow vehicle...

Read a story somewhere about soaring pilots gutting an old school bus to use as a one time trailer to pick up a glider(ASK 21 iirc)
Somewhere on the 1-26 assoc. website was a picture of a truck pulling a fifth wheel trailer that was pulling a 1-26. Need more than 40 acres to turn that rig around.

Last edited:
that would work really nice...

my uncle had a double decker snowmobile trailer that he pulled behind an old school bus. also had the back of the bus set up so that they could either have bunk beds or fit a few more snowmobiles back there. snowmobiles were a lot narrower back then. but all told he could carry about 14 snowmobiles and at least as many people. they had a lot of fun going on trips.

Reminds me of my uncle's converted-school bus camper that he wandered around the country in during the 70s... with the wife, baby son, a dog and a cat! Also had a wood-burning stove... and a decent "head"; a mobile-home type fiberglass deal with a shower.
Wish I had pictures of it- I don't recall how he secured the Franklin stove, but apparently it wasn't a problem when on the road (I'd imagine they put out the fire before rolling). I think they stored very little firewood on board; easy enough to collect dead wood wherever they stopped for a while.
Didn't have all the nice wood paneling, though... but this seems more like an outbuilding that can move under its own power if needed, not really a traveling machine.

Back