Burning Man Camper

Maxmosbey

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
I need to get serious.
This is just a continuation of my I-80 thread. The story is, that for many years I have been interested in a gathering called the Burning Man Festival. I have never said anything to my wife about it, as I never thought that I would go, but I have always been interested. Last year I bought a hand drum, actually an ashiko, in Mexico, and proceed to take up drumming. My wife bought a djembe, and we both started playing drums. One day, I said, "we should go to the Burning Man and play our drums sometime." The next day, my wife had researched the Burning Man, and said, "that Burning Man looks like it would be crazy, we should go." So we weren't real serious, but then I saw this 1971 Koyota Forrester for sale, $500, and I said, "we should buy that camper, fix it all up, and haul it out to the Burning Man so that we can play our drums." My wife said, "that would be kind of fun." So we went to look at the trailer. It was in pretty good shape, although it is old, but it has a lot of potential, so we were standing out there on the street in front of the guy's house with five hundies in my pocket, and I said, "I would really like to fix it all up so that it is kind of artsy", and my wife said, "That would be fun". I said, "it is in pretty good shape, but there is still a lot of work that needs to be done," and she said, "you're an airplane mechanic." I said, "if we buy that thing, we're going." So my wife said, "buy it." So I bought it. Next year I will be sixty years old, and my wife will be fifty. We are going to drum in the next decade of our life at the Burning Man. Or kids are warning us that we are getting in way over our heads. Silly kids.

Next year I will be sixty years old, and my wife will be fifty. We are going to drum in the next decade of our life at the Burning Man. Or kids are warning us that we are getting in way over our heads. Silly kids.
What do kids know? Have a great time. :thumbsup:

I can't see why not, the video I have seen shows lot of folks all ages.
Dreams are meant to be achieved, get going!
BM is not for me, I have plenty of other dreams though.
I think I would plan to be up all night - I doubt there is much sleeping going on after dark.

LOL, Over your heads?? We WERE the party generation! remind those whippersnappers we are the Woodstock generation. LOL over our heads... they learned it from US!!! Thanks for the great laugh and have a great time at Burning man. Maybe I will join you some year soon. But my dream is to fly in. (Yes I read the web site, My problem is time & $$). Planes from both the clubs I belong to have gone in the last few yrs. DaveR

Last edited:
By God, you rock.

That is all.

Once upon a time they had a temporary airfield and you could fly in. Looking at their web page I saw no mention of flying to it. Have they stopped inviting airplanes?

Paul
N1321A
2AZ1

Hey, it's never too late to be a hippie! Good luck growing out your hair though...

Hey, I wanna see your camper. I love old campers. Got a late 50s Shasta 14 footer. $500 is a pretty good deal for anything not rotting away and mouse infested.

One of the owners of our leaseback caravans takes his plane every year to burning man. I guess this year there were some King air's, PC-12's, 206's and a few others.

Burning man looks cool. Its a direct Rip Off of the original celebration, held in Santa Fe, NM every year called "The Burning of Zozobra," so I have never gone to Burning Man.

You're gonna have a blast. Just make sure you're good on the drums. You could make some dough.

One of the owners of our leaseback caravans takes his plane every year to burning man. I guess this year there were some King air's, PC-12's, 206's and a few others.

I have read about the airport that they build just for the Burning Man every year, but I'm not sure that I would want to fly my plane there, if I had a plane. I have heard that the environment is very corrosive, not to mention the dust.

I have read about Burning man for the last 4 years when Flying Magazine had article about it... It is your own artistic expression of anything you like to do in a art form...drums would be a good one to express ..

i believe the last day of the event.. they burn the burning man and have a big orgy with everyone.....if you want to participate....:yikes:...i watch and stay back... there is a early regisration date... so look it up and be ready to pay... also you can fly into the event... there is a airport type runway..in the sand.... I would love to go....also.... RT

Back