Burning Man and flying in

If you're talking about the 172 that was a drug bust airplane, it sold for I think $8500.00 just this past weekend.

The logs are incomplete, the prop is un-airworthy, and it's been sitting outside for more than a year on three flat tires. And it has the undesirable 'H' engine or whatever engine it is that you don't want in a 172 according to our A&P.

But yeah, it landed here full of pot, and I guess it could fly to BM full of pot ... :lol:

That's funny! I guess I flew into 11R about three weeks ago. I was sure that plane was going to just rot away on the ramp.

Last edited:
A trip to Oshkosh or even Sturgis that time of year would be more fun and safer for the aircraft.

That's funny! I guess I flew into 11R about three weeks ago. I was sure that plane was going to just rot away on the ramp.

It pretty much did rot away.

Everyone including A&P are wondering how the guy will ever get his money out of it.

Funny story, when the DOT guy was out there asking what it was worth, one of the A&P's walked up about that time and said "how much gas has it got in it?" :lol:

Last edited:
By the time any plane comes out of seizure, it is a rotten POS, pretty much goes for boats as well. Cars take being stored better. They pay the absolute minimum custodial costs.

Probably go to Office Depot or some shipping goods store and get a roll of the big wide stuff used as pallet wrap, it's slightly heavier gauge as well.

Pallet wrap is what I was imagining, not the thin foot wide rolls I use on my leftovers. :lol:

You know that question on the 8500-8 . . . .careful . . .lying is more of a grounding event that drugs are . ..
What's worse then lying? Being at burning man sober. Never been, ain't going, but anyone who goes and and doesn't get high is a loser.

Back