Burning fuel....

A landing at LAX was going to be no more dangerous that at Toronto. Why not just make the flight and then land at Toronto and get it fixed there? It is not like a blow tire changes the safety of the plane during flight.

A landing at LAX was going to be no more dangerous that at Toronto. Why not just make the flight and then land at Toronto and get it fixed there? It is not like a blow tire changes the safety of the plane during flight.

1) Would you fly all the way with gear down? Generally you don't retract gear with blown tyres. My guess is that gear-down is not going to have enough fuel to reach Toronto.

2) LAX = maintenance base.

1) Would you fly all the way with gear down? Generally you don't retract gear with blown tyres. My guess is that gear-down is not going to have enough fuel to reach Toronto.
No data indicated if the gear was retracted or not. I was a C141 that blew two tires on take off from phoenix. We went all the way to Chicago and landed, gear was up for that part of the flight in cruise.

BTW is is TIRE it only would have been TYRE had they landed in Canada ;) :)

Sorry Bill: thought you were talking about burning a LOT of fuel like there guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPC55ygPYq8&feature=user
B-52G MITO They got to practice instrument takeoff at the same time.

I used to frequent the minor league baseball games when I lived in San Antonio. The minor league stadium is just off final approach course for Lackland AFB/Kelly USA. There was a small fleet of C5A's based at Lackland - they would regularly take them up for touch-and-goes. Quite a site from less than a mile away. Calculate fuel burn for a C5A in the pattern....

Back