Burger Run ideas? Oh,Ky,Il, Lower Mich, N. In?

FlyingElvii

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
flyingElvii
Any good burger run ideas, except Lunken or the Boatyard?
(I can drive to the boatyard in 25 minutes)

there are nice on-field restaurants at KBMI (with it's own ramp parking), at 1C5 (Charlie's) and at KRPJ (the name escapes me).

One of my standard fly in restaurants is at Carroll County, KTSO in Ohio. Make sure you get a pie to go!

See the thread a couple below re: Port Clinton, KPCW & the diner onsite.

Last edited:
Illinois =
Mattoon & Mt. Vernon. Both have restaurants on the field.

KY =
Lake Barkley State Park. Their airstrip is about 7 miles down the road but call them and they'll send a van.
Rough River Dam State Park, airstrip is right next to the lodge.

M34 (Kentucky Dam State Park). A bare-bones field, but call Patti's 1880s Restaurant & they'll come pick you up. There may be a wait for a table, but they have good food & it's kind of a touristy place if you're bringing the missus along :)

Http://www.pattis1880s.com/menu/#

Barbecue place at KTZR. I've heard it's good, but wouldn't know from personal experience. I74 has a nice little restaurant and a little museum with a B17 restoration project.

For lower MI, there's a pretty good diner on the field at KOEB (Coldwater). I *think* it's called the Crosswinds Cafe, but it's been a while so I may be mixing the name up with somewhere else.

The Airport Restaurant and Spirits at KJXN (Jackson) is very nice, has decent food and offers a great view of the runways from inside.

Though a little farther, there's also the Liberty Diner on field at 3DA (Flushing) and, about a block away west along the road, an excellent little Italian/American family place called Sorrento's.

Back