Burbank, CA is losing Hope.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/la-tr-hollywood-burbank-airport-name-change-20170210-story.html

I'm actually serious about this. This sucks!

Why would a nice tribute to an entertainer that lived a long, scandal free life and was a regular in USO shows be rescinded?

Next they'll come after The Duke. (40 mi SE)

People...

Apparently the official name will remain Bob Hope Airport and they are leaving the tribute and statue in place, but they are changing the signage.

Why? If you want a historical name, call it Lockheed.

Bob Hope was a guy. PSP would be a much more appropriate namesake, since he actually lived there.

I always thought naming an airport after a person was stupid. Name it after where it is. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to plan trips, which is, after all, the point of having an airport.

I know some people don't like anything to change. This is tiny potatoes, honestly. It doesn't matter. It will still be KBUR, people will still call it Burbank, and no one will know anything about the Electra factory or Skunk Works.

Some of us were around when it was first named Bob Hope. It wasn't very long ago. It never stuck. Just like no one calls San Jose "Mineta" and almost no one calls San Diego "Lindbergh." At least the latter was an aviation name....

Man that is a shame! That name has become iconic, Bob Hope - Burbank is catchy...:loco:

Well at least the voters there are supporting new terminal facilities. That's better than yet another airport closing. :cool:

Back