Bunnies and Corn - Chapter 3

Toby

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Toby Speed
After many miles of highways, haze, and hills, the Citablueberria reaches Twin Oaks. Circling over the meticulously mowed runways (credit goes to the farm girl), both passengers wave to a small figure standing outside the hangar. It is Tom. He has prepared a delicious ham salad and is eager to serve the two adventurers, if only they will come down from the sky.

They land and push the plane back into its cubbyhole and go sit outside and have a beer. The bunnies are scampering, and the birds are tweeting. Corn stalks move in the gentle breeze. The air has the scent of mowed grass and mimosa.

Don't you just wish you were here??? :yes:

There is a photo or two that should go with this. Stay tuned!

Toby said:
Don't you just wish you were here???

Yes. I am really jealous! Have fun guys/gals. :)

"Citablueberria", I like it. It displays creativity and as you know, creativity springs forth from enjoyment, as in y'all are enjoying your time. Little doubt to what is causing all that enjoyment. Just keep it going...

I only have one complaint, Toby, your chapters are TOO SHORT!

But then again, if you were busy writing you'd not be having such a good time. :D

I'm jealous! :D (note that it is green)

:yes: :yes:

terry

terzap said:
I only have one complaint, Toby, your chapters are TOO SHORT!

But then again, if you were busy writing you'd not be having such a good time. :D

I'm jealous! :D (note that it is green)

:yes: :yes:

terry
I know! I'm sorry. We are too busy!

OK, no time for chapters -- here's the Reader's Digest version of today.

Great breakfast created by Tom.

Tom and I watched Diana do amazing acro in the sky above the cornfields.

Tom and I flew the Citablueberria to Lamar, and I waited there amidst the corn and the wildflowers this side of 21 while Tom went back to pick up Diana. While I was waiting, Carol T. called me on the cell phone. (Have a great flight, Carol!) Tom and Diana flew in. Then Diana flew home in her plane and Tom and I flew around and did a lot of stuff in the 172 that I hadn't done in a while (slow flight, stalls, steep turns, landings, takeoffs, etc.) Then we flew back to the farm and I managed to miss the trees and land on the runway. :)

Lunch.

Nap under the pear (?) tree. It had some kind of fruit that threatened to fall on my head.

More stuff.

Diana's friend Carol came driving in honking her horn, and Carol and I picked blueberries. Carol says to tell you all that she's bringing Kansas City beer.

More to come!

Toby said:
Nap under the pear (?) tree. It had some kind of fruit that threatened to fall on my head.
Well, Toby, I believe that would be a walnut tree. :)

Here is a picture of Toby hard at work at the farm. Her assignment was to go wash two airplanes. Hmmmmm

Diana said:

Here is a picture of Toby hard at work at the farm. Her assignment was to go wash two airplanes. Hmmmmm

You mean Toby can't tell the diff 'tween a fruit and a nut? Come out to CA, you'll see the differences.:goofy:

Diana said:

Yikes! I hope she didn't get chiggers :hairraise:

Diana said:

You just have to admire someone who has the art of slacking down so well that they can't even tell what kind of tree they're slacking under... :D

Diana said:

Spring fed waterhose and the pitch fork Diana. Works every time.

Toby:

Yes I am jealous! Your writing skills are superb, as I would expect. Sounds like a wonderful adventure! Keep the report coming!

Gary

Back