Bumper stickers - a poll

Do you have any bumper stickers?

• Bumper stickers - heck yeah! Political, too.

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Bumper stickers - heck yeah! non political though, don't want eggs on my car.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Bumper stickers - heck, I got 'em on my fridge!

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Bumper stickers - quelle horreur!

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • No bumper stickers, but I have a window sticker

Votes: 35 60.3%

• Total voters
Amen brother. No stickers on my car. I even take off the dealer sticker once I take delivery.

no no no, you don't even let them put it on. Even then I will not take delivery of a car with even a licence plate frame touting the dealer, I make them get out there and take it off. Unless you're going to pay me, I'm not going to advertise for you.

Missa

no no no, you don't even let them put it on. Even then I will not take delivery of a car with even a licence plate frame touting the dealer, I make them get out there and take it off. Unless you're going to pay me, I'm not going to advertise for you.

Missa

Years ago my mother and father had a real estate company. Once she bought a new car from a local dealer and took a sign with her name and phone number to the dealership when she picked the car up. "Which window can I put this in?" She said the sales guy looked confused for a moment, then smiled and said, "We'll have our sticker off your car in just a minute."

I also write into the sales contract that all dealership advertising must be removed from the car. I've never had a problem with a dealership doing it.

-AOPA window sticker
-"Jet Fuel Only" decal next to fuel door
-University parking window sticker
-Oil change window sticker

And this isn't a sticker, but oh well.
-Amateur Radio license plate

I've noticed the cars with the several dozen stickers are mostly those which leave you to believe the driver is bleeding either green, red or both. We're not talking of someone who celebrates Christmas like most of us.

Clarify if you don't mind, because that last sentence makes me think you haven't seen many cars in the south...

-AOPA window sticker
-"Jet Fuel Only" decal next to fuel door
-University parking window sticker
-Oil change window sticker

And this isn't a sticker, but oh well.
-Amateur Radio license plate
I should get the "Jet Fuel Only" decal since I burn diesel. :)
I do have the Amateur Radio plates covered. It's kind of neat knowing not another vechicle in the United States can have the exact same plate number I have.

As far as cars in the south with stickers... I'm referring to all those I see around Midtown and Buckhead areas of Atlanta. There are plenty of them as I describe. You might refer to the redneck versions. There are a few but not that many.

I've noticed the cars with the several dozen stickers are mostly those which leave you to believe the driver is bleeding either green, red or both. We're not talking of someone who celebrates Christmas like most of us.

LOL - in Albuquerque (here in havasu, I rarely see bumper stickers at all), you saw both extremes. From the entire back windsheild covered with "BUSH LIES! and NOT MY PRESIDENT" to "Never forget!" and "Friends don't let friends vote blue!"

The only one that has ever truly offended me (even though I agree with the argument) was one that said:

"Not all choices are correct. Hitler made a million choices."

That made me want to slap the driver.

I agree with you, Nick - it's just wrong to try and score points using all those deaths - whatever side you're on.

It is also wrong by a factor of about 10. There were almost 6 million Jews killed by Hitler during WW2 and add about another 3-4 million non Jews.

BTW I am not trying to be super historical on these numbers. If you do research you will see a wide variety of opinions on just how many were killed. A lot depends on the time range and estimating methodology. But it safe to say it was way more than a million. Of that everyone but the Holocaust deniers agree.

And Nick, I am with you on that one.

Never Forget!

No bumper stickers, but stickers on the window of my truck cap rear glass.
A variety of stickers guaranteed to offend at least someone.(and probably quit a few here):p

"Dog is my Copilot"

"Born OK the First Time"

"My Karma Ran Over My Dogma"

"In a time of Universal deceit
telling the truth is an act of
Revolution"

"If you're not Outraged
You're not Paying Attention"

"Get Stoked"
"www.Telemarktips.com"

"Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven
They're Needed Here"

"National Ski Patrol"

"Peace is Patriotic"

No bumper stickers here..except the good sams sticker on the rear of the RV that will get peeled off in a few weeks. I'm willing to make an exeption for the AOPA wings on the windows though. The license plate frames say "I'd rather be flying"

A few fun ones I've seen over the years:

"Drive Defensively, Buy A Tank" -- it was on the back of a tank at Ft Knox

"Hang Up And Drive" -- written in big stick on vinyl letters on the pannier of a motorcycle

There was teeny print on one sticker that I had to keep inching up to at a light to read what it said: "If you can read this, I can stop faster than you can see."

Back in college one of the professors had a car that had I'd say about oh, maybe, well... let's just say there was a rumor there was paint under the stickers but no one believed a word of the rumor...

Back