Bummed

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
OK, so we're supposed to fly to the Charlotte area today, and was quite excited because:
  1. It's been quite a while since I've used an airplane for actual travel, and
  2. My wife will be flying with me, her third flight (she's a timid flyer)
But, I think we're no go. Airmet tango for occasional moderate blw 012 over the mountains, and winds 29010G20 at destination. We were originally going into JQF, but that would be a 90 degree crosswind, so we could go into Statesville (SHV). It still would be quite bumpy on the landing.

Due to schedule, we NEED to be back Sunday afternoon, and the surface progs are showing a stationary front forming just below the mountains, with rain and thunder showers. Surface forcasts are for a high of 50F and steady rain, putting the FRZ level at about 5500msl. I need an MEA of 8000 to get over the mountains, so I'm thinking ice and dodging convection, not good.

On the whole, it looks bad on both ends, so I guess I'll drive the oil burner. 6 hr drive vs. 1:43 flight.

It is the right call, but I'm still bummed. March is a sucky month to try and fly...

Bill Jennings said:
It is the right call, but I'm still bummed. March is a sucky month to try and fly...
Ah feel your pain, Bill!

I just got both the R22 and the Cherokee through their annuals, I'm itchin' to go flying, and it's gusting to 35 here :mad:

Bill, that stinks but on the + side...

You get to see NCAA Hoops!

you lucky dog. Enjoy the games!

RotaryWingBob said:
Ah feel your pain, Bill!

I just got both the R22 and the Cherokee through their annuals, I'm itchin' to go flying, and it's gusting to 35 here :mad:

Tell me bout it Bob gust at 45 at klom sheesh

Rich where have you been? Havent heard from you since EXPO. How is the Commander?

rpadula said:
You get to see NCAA Hoops!

you lucky dog. Enjoy the games!

We get to see these games Thursday:

3/16
12:20
7 Wichita St
10 S Hall

3/16
2:50
2 Tennessee
15 Winthrop

3/16
7:10
8 GW
9 UNC-Wil

3/16
9:40 1 Duke
16 Southern

And the winners of on Saturday. I'm PUMPED!!!

And, even a vacation day to drive the cage is better than a day at work...

Last edited:
Bill Jennings said:
We get to see these games Thursday:

3/16
12:20
7 Wichita St
10 S Hall
I always root for Seton Hall, as my dad went there (and that's where he met Dick Vitale:eek:)

Bill Jennings said:
Oh and that reminds me I better hurry and fill out my bracket in Ed's blatantly anti-ACC pool.

P.S. Adam I'm up to my neck in work! They sent me to Montreal a few weeks ago, just in time for the high of 5F. The Commander's still fine, though!

rpadula said:
I always root for Seton Hall, as my dad went there (and that's where he met Dick Vitale:eek:)

Oh and that reminds me I better hurry and fill out my bracket in Ed's blatantly anti-ACC pool.

P.S. Adam I'm up to my neck in work! They sent me to Montreal a few weeks ago, just in time for the high of 5F. The Commander's still fine, though!

Hehe. Actually...well...you'll see.

rpadula said:

Seton Hall just didn't show up, as far as I could see. They just plain played flat. The Shokers, on the other hand, deserved to win. They played with good energy, and were backed by rabid fans. This game was not close, and was kind of boring.

Tennessee edged out Winthrop in a very close exciting game. I was pulling for Winthrop, being a small school.

GS/UNC-W was another tight and very entertaining game, and GW pulled it out in the end, but I again was rooting for Wilmington, small branch campus in the UNC system.

Southern hung with Duke until 12 or so to go in the second, then Duke started to pull away. Not liking Duke, and seeing no sport in the #1 seed plastering the #16 seed, we left the house at about 12am and started back to my brother's place. While Southern may have lost the game, their band ROCKED, very very good.

Tomorrow, Duke vs GW and TN vs Witchita St. Duke should boringly blast GW, while the TN/WS game could be the interesting one.

Back