Bulls lose an engine

Looks like a 727 and they did a 2 engine T/O. Is it possible the crew didn't know they'd lost an engine? On take off? or were they just past the abort point?

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9028552/scary-plane-incident-chicago-bulls-borrowing-rides

The 727 will compressor stall the #2 engine (center) in a strong crosswind.

Maybe that's why he continued the takeoff. The article didn't mention it being a B727. :dunno:

And so we take off fine, and about five minutes later, two more booms, 'Boom!, Boom!,' and a couple people saw flames and sparks and stuff flying out [while looking out of] the window.

Except there are no windows where one could see the tail pipes of the engines from inside the airplane.

Fine piece of journalism. :rolleyes2:

The 727 will compressor stall the #2 engine (center) in a strong crosswind.

Maybe that's why he continued the takeoff. The article didn't mention it being a B727. :dunno:

Except there are no windows where one could see the tail pipes of the engines from inside the airplane.

I just googled "Chicago Bulls airplane" and a 3 engine 727 popped up, that was my assumption based on 25 seconds worth of work with googling.

Back in the day when I was riding way back in steerage in DC-9's or 727's, it was quite visible when one of the side mounted engines stalled. Pretty cool light show coming out the front of the nacelle.

My intro to Compressor stalls as a young engineer was my instructor saying something to the effect, "An engine stall means there is a very large bang, fire comes out the front and it is not a good thing." It got considerably more technical after that. :yes:

Cheers

Mark Cuban owns a 767-200..... That's what it had to have been

Mark Cuban owns a 767-200..... That's what it had to have been

The article (for all it's other qualities) says the plane had 3 engines. Cuban came to the rescue and loaned them his plane after theirs experienced the problems.

I flew into KTUP (my hometown) not so long ago, looks like you guys have some spare parts laying around you might be able to loan them :D

The article (for all it's other qualities) says the plane had 3 engines. Cuban came to the rescue and loaned them his plane after theirs experienced the problems.

I flew into KTUP (my hometown) not so long ago, looks like you guys have some spare parts laying around you might be able to loan them :D

Oh ok. I just skimmed it :D

Yea....we have a LOT of big jets here now. When were you here? Let me know next time you are down here.

Back