Bullet Cameras

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Im looking for a suggestion for a good bullet camera. I'd like to get one mounted on the tail of the glider for this upcoming soaring (land out) season. Obviously looking for something cheap. Thanks!

I have 4 cameras in my seawind......and a dvr recorder. I also have a panasonic 7" monitor........also in the business.......

supercircuits.com

I have 4 cameras in my seawind......and a dvr recorder. I also have a panasonic 7" monitor........also in the business.......

supercircuits.com

Cool! Is it flying yet? Can ya show us some video?

Drooooooool.

Planning on recording your landings @ RKD?

RKD, AUG, BOS, ALB, HPN...pretty much everywhere. Of course I'll always start the recording while we're above 10,000ft, though! :goofy:

I'll be able to get some great video of 17,000lb ice skating in RKD, though, that's for sure.

Yep I have several 5 min video clips. If i can figure how to post them I will. I have a camera in the butt of the plane, one inside rear, one inside front, and one embedded in the dash L@@King over the nose to the outside. The cameras are then fed into a quad multiplexer and onward to the DVR and dash mounted am/fm/dvd/7" video whatch-ya-ma-call-it. I also have a remote control to bring the pictures up full screen or quad on the screen. It makes for some very interesting video. Most of the clips are 20-30 min long and I need to shorten them to 5 min to be able to upload to the site I use. I am looking for something quick, no brainer to use to edit...like freeware.....

2GB is about an hour at high resolution (640x480x30fps), pretty high def. At the lowest resolution, it's about 13 hours.

Yep I have several 5 min video clips. If i can figure how to post them I will.

YouTube! :yes:

Sounds like a pretty cool camera setup. Someone was selling a Pitts a while back with the same sort of thing, 4 lipstick cameras and an onboard processor.

I am looking for something quick, no brainer to use to edit...like freeware.....

Mac, Windows, or Linux?

windows 2000........The main reason I installed the 1st camera was to see how close I was to the ground with the tail upon landing. So I installed the "ButtCam". This plane has to land close to flat. Gets a little tricky when its windy. After that I figured to put in the rest.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff213/1sticky1/?action=view&current=V1112005.flv

Try this: http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm

It's fantastic. We use it to clean up the commercials (automatically!) out of our DVR recordings before burning them to DVD or putting them on our video MPEG players.

It'll do what you want at a very reasonable price.

It looks like you have a bullet cam, which is wired into its own battery pack, and wired into a camcorder some distance away, (which has its own battery pack).
You have a remote control in the cockpit, which you activate when desired and the camcorder records to its tape or other media(?)
Then you take this media home, connect to the computer somehow(?) and load on HD for editing and sharing online.
Close?

If you r referring to me......not close.:no:......read up.....:yes:

Hey-o, Sticky Feller-

Reading your description above, am I to understand that you have it set up to record from one of the four cameras at any given time, with the choice selected by you from the mux; or are you set up to record four simultaneous video streams?

Also, are you recording directly to a 'puter, or to a digital video recorder? Can you give more details of your implementation?

Inquiring minds want to know... and so do I!

What do I need? Set me up.

I want to run 2 or 3 bullet cameras all at one time in the airplane.

I want them to record simultaneously so I can choose later which will display. That is I want to show: cam1 from 0-20secs, switch to cam2 from 21-60sec, then cam3 etc.

I suspect I will mount them, run some type of cable, all to a control box with its battery and storage media.

Then I take the box home, dl to my laptop and edit with Pinnacle or something.

Maybe I can just use the laptop in the airplane to record the inputs?

Tony

What quality and price range will determine what you get - I shot skydiving video for years and everything listed thus far in the posts looks like good ideas. Really comes down to what you intend to do with the final product. The helmet cams are easy out of the box solutions - the ones that record to flash memory have lower quality but are simple to set up and use.

Basically falls into two general categories - most bullet cameras require and external recording device of some sort - the all-in-one record to flash cameras do not, but offer lower quality in some models.

Back