built in update errors

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
So, is it just me or so software mfgrs, especially Intuit, build errors into their updates until you get so frustrated you buy the new version?

I'm running on Quicken home & business 2011 and have been getting more and more error messages over the last year. And, surprise, surprise, the exact same error messages pop up on all three machines. One running XP and two running 7.

It seems so obvious but maybe...

Intuit totally angered and lost me with their expired tax tables in Quickbooks, and pretty much disabled functionality until one purchased tax table updates - never mind that they didn't change most of the time.

I hate Intuit and everything about their bloated, buggy, software. How they became the standard for accounting software is beyond me.

-Rich

I use Quickbooks for my business not sure what version. I updated last time I bought a new computer because I figured it was time not because of problems.
I use it because like Rich said it somehow became the "standard" accounting software. Makes my life easier I enter all my stuff send file to Accountant at end of year he does his stuff and all is good.
My wife sayes why is it called QUICKbooks when i does eveything slow :)

How they became the standard for accounting software is beyond me.

Because they were smart enough to put a free one year trial version on everyone's computer back in the Acer/Gateway/Dell days. People started using them, got used to using them, and kept using them due to the familiarity.

I was on at least my third or fourth computer before a free MS Money came installed on it and by that time it was all over but the crying.

I've been using Quicken for at least 20 years. I'd like to plead that I haven't switched to a different accounting program because of my familiarity with Quicken but that's not really the case since their user interface can and does change substantially from one edition to the next. The problem is, you've already bought, paid for and installed the new software by the time you discover that it's nothing like the last version and you'll be required to start the learning process all over again.

I understand Intuit's need for continuing cash flow, but hate the updates. Of the hundreds of Intuit customers I know, each one would happily pay a little something each year TO NOT HAVE TO UPDATE! Their products have grown so enormous and piggy it is insane. And, essentially, accounting hasn't changed much since the days when it was done with sticks in the sand.

I hate Intuit and everything about their bloated, buggy, software. How they became the standard for accounting software is beyond me.

-Rich

They forced the competition out and/or the competition got acquired.

I dumped Quicken years ago and use Moneydance now. Not as much whiz-bang, but perfectly functional for my needs.

Back