Building

Cabin Waco’s (even fully restored) don’t go for anywhere near Staggerwing prices. Even a Roy Readman (Rare Aircraft) isn’t going to get much over $200k. Maybe $250k.

Even though they are more versatile, Cabins don’t command the same prices that the open ships do with most selling around $100k.

I've watched Cabin Waco prices for a decade. I probably started looking during the economic downturn and wasn't blown away by the prices - $100k was the very top of the market. Today, $100k seems to be closer to the bottom than the top of the market, and I see some asking prices of ~$250K.

I'd love to have one for $75k, but I think you'd only find a project or a very ragged flyer for that amount today.

Cabin Waco’s (even fully restored) don’t go for anywhere near Staggerwing prices. Even a Roy Readman (Rare Aircraft) isn’t going to get much over $200k. Maybe $250k.

Even though they are more versatile, Cabins don’t command the same prices that the open ships do with most selling around $100k.
Just doing a google search cheapest cabin I could see was 210, -- used not a fresh restoration.

Yer right about the Stinson SR series, I've see them sell for half a mil.

I've watched Cabin Waco prices for a decade. I probably started looking during the economic downturn and wasn't blown away by the prices - $100k was the very top of the market. Today, $100k seems to be closer to the bottom than the top of the market, and I see some asking prices of ~$250K.

I'd love to have one for $75k, but I think you'd only find a project or a very ragged flyer for that amount today.
One thing to remember is that among all the other Waco variations, there are two categories of Cabins: Standard and 'Custom'. The customs will command a higher price than the standards, but even then, I don't think I've seen more than 5 Custom's in the last 5 years go for $200k or more and with one exception, those were all brokered buy Rare. I haven't seen a single Cabin list for more than $200k in the Waco club classifieds that I get every month.

Just doing a google search cheapest cabin I could see was 210, -- used not a fresh restoration.
There are two cabins on Barnstormers right now under $100k (older restos)

TAP has 3 cabins: One $98k and two that are being brokered by Platinum (who rarely sell anything) for $160k and $210k. The $160k has 19 hrs since resto and the $210k one is an OSH Grand Champ.

Back