Building New Website

Oh my. Let me tell you. Plenty of commercial grade very expensive Windows software is ANYTHING but easy to use. Things you pay $30,000+ per year just for support (for one machine)...and even then..it's still crap.

I'll take my open source Linux projects any day over that crap, thank you. If you're in the server world though, it's a serious contender, and often MUCH easier to accomplish tasks with compared to the Microsoft stack. But I wouldn't suggest that Linux is the best tool for most Desktop users.

Most of the websites you visit are powered by open source technology. Including this one.

That's my point, Commercial Grade requires a different set of properties than Consumer Grade. This is true of nearly anything. My issue is that they are taking a Commercial Grade product and selling it to low end consumers and then not explaining how to use it. That's like me putting you a Semi with a 15speed Eaton Box in it and not teaching you how to shift and telling you "You can go ahead and drive this to school." Unless you know how to work that transmission, you're not going to get to school, you're gonna be grinding gears trying to get out of the parking lot. You'll look in the Owners Manual and it tells you all about how to select which gear and range you want to use, but it doesn't tell you anything about how to successfully get from one gear to the next. So you come back to me in the Car Lot shack and ask "Hey, how do I shift gears in this thing?" "Well, it doesn't have synchronizer rings in the transmission, so you have to manually syncronize the RPMs you need the engine to be at for whatever your next gear is at the speed you are at.". "Well how do I figure that out?" "Well, I have a CDL course that you can take for $2500. It takes 6 weeks and we teach you how to shift, back the trailer, hire lumpers and run a trucking company." "I don't need to know all that, I just need to get to school." "Yeah, this really isn't the vehicle you want then." "Then why did you put me in it?"

Put truck drivers in trucks and put commuter drivers in cars.

This is also analogous to the question, "Can a fresh private pilot transition themselves to a 747?" The answer is "Yes, but it's gonna be an expensive and painful process the results of which may kill you..."

Huh.. didn't see a mention of Dreamweaver in here.

I interpret Henning to want to revamp his website using WYSIWYG tools. He's used to the "publish locally then upload to a host" way of doing things, and he clearly has no interest in learning programming. I didn't see a reason to change that -- are you adding a database or something Henning?

Dreamweaver should be able to import your existing stuff. Either re-download it or use Save-As in your browser to collect the existing HTML and images, and have fun.

I think Adobe still hosts a free 30 day trial of Dreamweaver. Don't tell your nerd friends or they will rage and shun you, Dwight Schrute style. This may not be a bad thing.

The code will be a dog's code by our nerd standards. So what? If it renders, it's good enough. Leave it alone for another 10 years. :)

$0.02

- Mike

i mentioned dreamweaver twice, it's not the worlds most simple piece of consumer grade software, it's not free either. It's great for handing to semi-techy folks and having them maintain help files with. That's what we use it for.

i mentioned dreamweaver twice, it's not the worlds most simple piece of consumer grade software, it's not free either. It's great for handing to semi-techy folks and having them maintain help files with. That's what we use it for.

Apologies, then. I saw Joomla and must have overlooked this.

I suspect an ancient copy of FrontPage could be found very inexpensively and might even run. ;)

My mother has generated webpages from, of all things, MS Publisher. They render. The code is Liquid Satan, and I refuse to help her with her web endeavours.

I find technology interesting, so I love noodling with esoteric ways of doing things. I think Henning is not of this mind, his interests lie elsewhere, and he just wants a quick, dirty, bone simple get-it-done-and-move-the-f-on approach :)

If I met the guy running Jooma or whatever it was, he's got a beating coming for lying to me telling me how simple it was and wasting a day of my life.

Get in a few licks for me, Henning! I'm with you.

That's my point, Commercial Grade requires a different set of properties than Consumer Grade. This is true of nearly anything. My issue is that they are taking a Commercial Grade product and selling it to low end consumers and then not explaining how to use it. That's like me putting you a Semi with a 15speed Eaton Box in it and not teaching you how to shift and telling you "You can go ahead and drive this to school." Unless you know how to work that transmission, you're not going to get to school, you're gonna be grinding gears trying to get out of the parking lot. You'll look in the Owners Manual and it tells you all about how to select which gear and range you want to use, but it doesn't tell you anything about how to successfully get from one gear to the next. So you come back to me in the Car Lot shack and ask "Hey, how do I shift gears in this thing?" "Well, it doesn't have synchronizer rings in the transmission, so you have to manually syncronize the RPMs you need the engine to be at for whatever your next gear is at the speed you are at.". "Well how do I figure that out?" "Well, I have a CDL course that you can take for $2500. It takes 6 weeks and we teach you how to shift, back the trailer, hire lumpers and run a trucking company." "I don't need to know all that, I just need to get to school." "Yeah, this really isn't the vehicle you want then." "Then why did you put me in it?"

Put truck drivers in trucks and put commuter drivers in cars.

This is also analogous to the question, "Can a fresh private pilot transition themselves to a 747?" The answer is "Yes, but it's gonna be an expensive and painful process the results of which may kill you..."

WordPress install via a cPanel is as simple as it gets... By and large for the majority of the computers existence on this earth anything you did required you to be either professionally trained or a very dedicated hobbyist and maybe a combo of both. This is why there is a sterotype of neckbearded people with no life plugging away on computers in their parents basement 20 hours out of the day, that's what it took. No thanks to AOL in the mid 90's any idiot with a 1000 bucks in his pocket and a CDROM now had access to the nerd world. Businesses caught on that folks were spending time on the innarwebz then every tom dick and harry wanted in on the action. Building your own website is a phenomena that has only been popular in the past 5-10 years and truthfully there's not much of a market for what you are trying to do thus no desire to make it dead simple to put up a 5 page website... Most people want to social network (Facebook, MySpace etc...) or share pictures (picasa,etc..) They don't want a full blown website with hosting fees and have to create anything, they'd rather play Farmville. So what you seek doesn't exist because there is no market, In 15-20 years in the IT industry I've never had one person walk in and want what you do. You're in the realm of a small business that wants a web presence sorta like a business card, we charge $500 for those and most small businesses are happy to pay it and move on without worrying about it.

Last edited:
Apologies, then. I saw Joomla and must have overlooked this.

I suspect an ancient copy of FrontPage could be found very inexpensively and might even run. ;)

My mother has generated webpages from, of all things, MS Publisher. They render. The code is Liquid Satan, and I refuse to help her with her web endeavours.

I find technology interesting, so I love noodling with esoteric ways of doing things. I think Henning is not of this mind, his interests lie elsewhere, and he just wants a quick, dirty, bone simple get-it-done-and-move-the-f-on approach :)

You were partialy right in the prior post, it just that I don't want to learn yet another programming language. When I was a kid, I learned to work in Machine Language then some COBOL then BASIC then working with MS-DOS (Anyone else remember the books that came with THAT?). A new language is constantly appearing. I decided in high school that I didn't want to do it for a living because it's tedious as f-. When GUE OSs came out and people wrote prepackaged applications, I figured "cool".

Technology is interesting as all hell, you should see all the technology I have to constantly study up on and learn for these yacht. Everything is now digitally controlled and networked. I don't have the time to learn a new language every decade or so when I want to build a website.

I don't care about anything that is on that site. None of the content will stay. I want to build a new site that will go in its place on the same domain and host is fine for me. My hosting is dirt cheap (<$20yr) and it's always up. After 10 years of using them, I have absolutely no complaint.

I want to build a completely new site, very simple. I need text, photos and a Paypal button. I would like to be able to have a photogallery and link to Youtube, but I can easily live without it.

As for your last statement, that is exactly correct. I am not doing this because I think it's fun and want to be able to develop and show off my programming skills to the world. It my other skills that I'm trying to get them to notice. I'm looking for a result, not an "experience".

My dad could make a PDP-12 do anything but he can't work my iPad...

WordPress install via a cPanel is as simple as it gets... By and large for the majority of the computers existence on this earth anything you did required you to be either professionally trained or a very dedicated hobbyist and maybe a combo of both. This is why there is a sterotype of neckbearded people with no life plugging away on computers in their parents basement 20 hours out of the day, that's what it took. No thanks to AOL in the mid 90's any idiot with a 1000 bucks in his pocket and a CDROM now had access to the nerd world. Businesses caught on that folks were spending time on the innarwebz then every tom dick and harry wanted in on the action. Building your own website is a phenomena that has only been popular in the past 5-10 years and truthfully there's not much of a market for what you are trying to do thus no desire to make it dead simple to put up a 5 page website... Most people want to social network (Facebook, MySpace etc...) or share pictures (picasa,etc..) They don't want a full blown website with hosting fees and have to create anything, they'd rather play Farmville. So what you seek doesn't exist because there is no market, In 15-20 years in the IT industry I've never had one person walk in and want what you do. You're in the realm of a small business that wants a web presence sorta like a business card, we charge $500 for those and most small businesses are happy to pay it and move on without worrying about it.

That is exactly correct, and 10 years ago it was dirt simple to do. The existance of Geocities and such is what shows you are not completely correct about the demand, although you are correct in that they do it because it's totally free. I've happily been paying, I think AMU is the name? They send me an email once a year to send me a receipt from the renewal. I have cPanel, and it has both Joomla 1.7 and Wordpress even Drupal buttons. I go to them and hit install and they require more information than I know, and I can't find any instructions on how to make everything work together.

That is exactly correct, and 10 years ago it was dirt simple to do. The existance of Geocities and such is what shows you are not completely correct about the demand, although you are correct in that they do it because it's totally free. I've happily been paying, I think AMU is the name? They send me an email once a year to send me a receipt from the renewal. I have cPanel, and it has both Joomla 1.7 and Wordpress even Drupal buttons. I go to them and hit install and they require more information than I know, and I can't find any instructions on how to make everything work together.

PM on it's way.

Henning- Quitcha bitching and pay someone like Firespring to do the job properly.

You've complained because someone hired cheap labor to do some welding- you're acting like that same cheap boat owner.

Henning- Quitcha bitching and pay someone like Firespring to do the job properly.

You've complained because someone hired cheap labor to do some welding- you're acting like that same cheap boat owner.

I don't hire my welding out when I have a welding machine either because then I get the welds I want the first time without having to pay someone cut them out and weld them over and over and over again until they meet my satisfaction.

What I am complaining about is crappy tool design with no instructions as to assembly and then telling people "Here you, lets get started..." in the tutorial, when they didn't even tell you how to fire up the machine.

It's the false pretense of being marketed as "Easy to use" that is my complaint.

PM on it's way.

You're Legend...:thumbsup: You have joined the ranks of Jessie as my internet heros. Last time I needed to change a couple of pictures on my old site I had to have him do it. Without the computer I used to use to do it I was lost.:rolleyes2: Took him a few minutes...:D

I don't hire my welding out when I have a welding machine either because then I get the welds I want the first time without having to pay someone cut them out and weld them over and over and over again until they meet my satisfaction.
I didn't say you didn't know how to weld.

What I said was someone tried to get some welding done cheaply and got poor results. That's the situation you are in. You're trying to get it done cheap or free and then complain that it doesn't work.

What I am complaining about is crappy tool design with no instructions as to assembly and then telling people "Here you, lets get started..." in the tutorial, when they didn't even tell you how to fire up the machine.

It's the false pretense of being marketed as "Easy to use" that is my complaint.
It is easy to use with the appropriate background.

I could buy a TIG welder with the best instructions in the world- those instructions aren't going to replace all the rods I'll weld to stuff. I don't have the background. I could either pay someone to weld for me, or pay someone to teach me to weld.

Along the same lines, you could pay for your site to be done well, or pay the time/money to learn how to do it with the tools available today.

I didn't say you didn't know how to weld.

What I said was someone tried to get some welding done cheaply and got poor results. That's the situation you are in. You're trying to get it done cheap or free and then complain that it doesn't work.

It is easy to use with the appropriate background.

I could buy a TIG welder with the best instructions in the world- those instructions aren't going to replace all the rods I'll weld to stuff. I don't have the background. I could either pay someone to weld for me, or pay someone to teach me to weld.

Along the same lines, you could pay for your site to be done well, or pay the time/money to learn how to do it with the tools available today.

I could have you perfectly adjusting your current and "stacking nickles" with a TIG welder in 20 minutes. It's because TIG really IS simple (it's even simpler than MIG to get a GOOD weld because you can see everything clearly and you have much finer control and flexibility between heat and fill) and with a rough gouge you set your initial setting from there and just watch your puddle and drip filler in.

Using the tool is not my complaint. My complaint was the tool wouldn't start and the instructions began with a running tool. That complaint was compounded by the fact that the tutorials and advertising extolled the ease of use of the product. That "Ease of Use" claim is what is frying me, not the skill required. If it's gonna be difficult, say so, don't lie to me so I make decision based on wrong information. It's the lying or complete disconnect from the abilities of the general public, and they are definitely marketing to the general public, just watch the beginning tutorial and you can see it was meant for a neophyte.

Exactly, Neither did that. Neither referenced me to do that. When Microsoft or anyone writes software to a Windows environment, when you need to do something critical, a box pops up with directions, a button to click and it happens. It does NOT instruct you to seek help in forums for the most basic of issues.

Boeing markets 737s as "easy to fly" too. They're not Marketing to non-professionals. Server marketing is aimed at Pros.

The difference in software is that non-Pros can fire up the jet. They're probably going to crash and die.

As far as MSFT popping up boxes with directions, they don't do that in their server products. Install IIS and show me the pop-ups? Not there.

The next version of their server software will *return* to having command-line only operation as an option. Taking the GUI away scares off the idiots who install the stuff so incorrectly that their machines are utilized by criminals within hours of plugging in the Internet connection.

Servers on the Internet are *generally* best left to Pros or very involved hobbyists these days. It's pretty wild and wooly. I loaded a generic Wordpress install on an Amazon cloud virtual machine and left it to see. It was spambotted in a week with no links to it from anywhere and no DNS. Just a public IP.

Boeing markets 737s as "easy to fly" too. They're not Marketing to non-professionals. Server marketing is aimed at Pros.

The difference in software is that non-Pros can fire up the jet. They're probably going to crash and die.

As far as MSFT popping up boxes with directions, they don't do that in their server products. Install IIS and show me the pop-ups? Not there.

The next version of their server software will *return* to having command-line only operation as an option. Taking the GUI away scares off the idiots who install the stuff so incorrectly that their machines are utilized by criminals within hours of plugging in the Internet connection.

Servers on the Internet are *generally* best left to Pros or very involved hobbyists these days. It's pretty wild and wooly. I loaded a generic Wordpress install on an Amazon cloud virtual machine and left it to see. It was spambotted in a week with no links to it from anywhere and no DNS. Just a public IP.

Unless you're looking for natural male enhancement and you want the companies to come to you.... :)

Word Press is as good as it gets as far as ease of use for online editable dynamic content, Word Press... Is... Not... For... Pros, nor is it marketed as such. I see why he's thinking that the install should be at least as easy as the everyday use. There were a couple of catches for Henning that wouldn't have been issues had he started from scratch and not tried to retrofit it to his hosting provider.... He wasn't bitching about apache not being easy to configure but rather wordpress not being easy to get running... It was half his fault (He didn't buy enough databases instances in his hosting package) but the fact that he should have to know that is probably where he got the sand in his panties. And it's a reasonable concern, instead of a very small font error message "error: cannot run createdb". A message along the lines of "Hey dummy, you're a bottom feeding customer, cough up more cash and we'll let you do this" would probably have resulted in him bumping up his service level, unnecessarily (due to him not needing the one database he had created, they don't know that and it's not unethical IMHO since he's trying to create 2 databases but only bought one) but he'd have been happy and they'd be sliding another 2 bucks in their wallet every month. As IT folks we probably need to realize this more, I;ve made the mistake of assuming a customer would be STOKED to sit for a few days and learn Joomla! and harness it's power. Most can't get past the login screen nor do they care to. Henning is better in that he was willing to watch the tutorials and give it a shot but couldn't get past the install stage. This is a big ole fat FAIL on his hosting provider, they had an ambitious customer on the hook that needed more of their services and basically slapped him in the face, but he's right it does reflect the overall attitude of the IT industry. It wasn't joomla or wordpress' fault, it was a limitation on his hosting plan but perhaps they shouldn't show 500 apps available for install but, only allow one in reality. And worse yet, let him attempt to install more when his current service level wouldn't allow it. Shared webhosting is like a gym membership, they hope you don't use it. On the other hand, IT moves so fast I wake up some mornings and feel real out of date, the MORE! MORE! MORE! NOW! NOW! NOW! attitude rarely leaves time for perfection or even common sense.

Last edited:
It's a lot easier to learn when the s-t works.

Thanks again Bart, you're legend with me. When it gets too cold this winter come on down...

Wow. This was a hosted thing where they had business rules that the web interface enforced but didn't tell him why?

God awful FAIL.

I was under the assumption he was doing something like setting it up on his own machine from scratch. Therefore the "if you're building the server, that's better left to pros".

Sounds like the "pros" at his hosting company have a lot of work to do. They probably won't. Sigh.

I could have you perfectly adjusting your current and "stacking nickles" with a TIG welder in 20 minutes. It's because TIG really IS simple (it's even simpler than MIG to get a GOOD weld because you can see everything clearly and you have much finer control and flexibility between heat and fill) and with a rough gouge you set your initial setting from there and just watch your puddle and drip filler in.

Using the tool is not my complaint. My complaint was the tool wouldn't start and the instructions began with a running tool. That complaint was compounded by the fact that the tutorials and advertising extolled the ease of use of the product. That "Ease of Use" claim is what is frying me, not the skill required. If it's gonna be difficult, say so, don't lie to me so I make decision based on wrong information. It's the lying or complete disconnect from the abilities of the general public, and they are definitely marketing to the general public, just watch the beginning tutorial and you can see it was meant for a neophyte.
In IT, getting the tool to start is part of using it.

"Ease of Use" is in the eye of the beholder, and it is more than simply turning it on. You can run the NMR instrument in my lab now, most likely. It has nice menus and everything. Doing anything useful with it? Not likely- there's a lot of training to interpreting those peaks to determine the structure of a molecule, just to get on a basic level. It's marketed as "Easy-to-use" in the community.

As for the TIG welder...you can show me how to "stack nickels", you probably won't teach me how to properly use the machine in 20 minutes. Which wave form to choose? Why is it chosen? When should I use a waveform, what are the exceptions to those rules?

In eaither case, there is some background to properly use the tool. Using the tools to build a web server nowadays also needs some sort of background.

In IT, getting the tool to start is part of using it.

"Ease of Use" is in the eye of the beholder, and it is more than simply turning it on. You can run the NMR instrument in my lab now, most likely. It has nice menus and everything. Doing anything useful with it? Not likely- there's a lot of training to interpreting those peaks to determine the structure of a molecule, just to get on a basic level. It's marketed as "Easy-to-use" in the community.

As for the TIG welder...you can show me how to "stack nickels", you probably won't teach me how to properly use the machine in 20 minutes. Which wave form to choose? Why is it chosen? When should I use a waveform, what are the exceptions to those rules?

In eaither case, there is some background to properly use the tool. Using the tools to build a web server nowadays also needs some sort of background.

Yeah, actually I can because it's all WYSIWYG. A list of metal and whether you need AC or DC. From there it's just listening and watching the puddle. All you do is turn the heat up or down. The only time there is a "waveform" involved is with Aluminum and the other couple that use AC process, and that is also a simple visual feedback equation of controlling not the temp of the heat but the volume. You'll know it and with a couple hours at it you'll understand it completely.

You just have to fix the broken "On" switch first...:D Once we can turn the machine on I can literally give you 20 minutes of instruction and a stack of scrap and walk away and by the end of the day you'll be welding aluminum pipe upside down.

www.caphenning.com

Thanks again Bart, I almost shot myself in the foot with a photogallery plug in but I figured out that was the issue.

Wow. This was a hosted thing where they had business rules that the web interface enforced but didn't tell him why?

God awful FAIL.

I was under the assumption he was doing something like setting it up on his own machine from scratch. Therefore the "if you're building the server, that's better left to pros".

Sounds like the "pros" at his hosting company have a lot of work to do. They probably won't. Sigh.

Yeah, they were just propagating up a database creation error (caused by their limitation on number of databases a user can create) and regurgitating it in a not so obvious manner. Would have been a prime opportunity to offer an upgrade in service level, instead they irritated a customer. Most people understand the "throw more money at it to get it to work" concept :) I think it's a pretty bad piece of software they have running where they have an application vault filled with hundreds of open source software packages to 'one click install', but all of them require their very own MySQL database and they only allow one database...

Check to see if your hosting provider offers something simple like "SimpleScripts"

One of my hosts offers this, and with 1 or 2 clicks, I can have a fully functioning WordPress (blegh) or Joomla (Yay!) or Drupal site set up in about 5 to 10 minutes. Then its just simple configuration you need to do.

Who is your hosting company? I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Check to see if your hosting provider offers something simple like "SimpleScripts"

One of my hosts offers this, and with 1 or 2 clicks, I can have a fully functioning WordPress (blegh) or Joomla (Yay!) or Drupal site set up in about 5 to 10 minutes. Then its just simple configuration you need to do.

Who is your hosting company? I might be able to point you in the right direction.

That's exactly what he has, BUT he already had one piece of software installed at some point in the past that needed it's own database, and they only provisioned him a maximum of ONE database so the one click "simple script" failed in a not so intuitive manner. Before he even made it to the Simple Scripts they should have thrown up a message along the lines of "These applications require the use of a database, you're currently using your maximum number of allocated databases (1). Either delete an existing database that you are no longer using or upgrade your service level to Sliver and increase your maximum number of databases to 5." It's poor software that lets a customer attempt to do something that is impossible given the current constraints. He shoulda never made it in there to even try.

Last edited:
That's exactly what he has, BUT he already had one piece of software installed at some point in the past that needed it's own database, and they only provisioned him a maximum of ONE database so the one click "simple script" failed in a not so intuitive manner. Before he even made it to the Simple Scripts they should have thrown up a message along the lines of "These applications require the use of a database, you're currently using your maximum number of allocated databases (1). Either delete an existing database that you are no longer using or upgrade your service level to Sliver and increase your maximum number of databases to 5." It's poor software that lets a customer attempt to do something that is impossible given the current constraints. He shoulda never made it in there to even try.

Agree about the poor software at the web host, however it seems to be a deliberate effort to milk ignorant clients for more money. You don't need one database per application, they all can use the same one as long as the table names don't conflict...and I'm sure Wordpress has the mechanism (custom prefixes) to prevent that, as nearly all prepackaged web software does.

Agree about the poor software at the web host, however it seems to be a deliberate effort to milk ignorant clients for more money. You don't need one database per application, they all can use the same one as long as the table names don't conflict...and I'm sure Wordpress has the mechanism (custom prefixes) to prevent that, as nearly all PHP software does.
Lots of potential security implications, assumptions that the app will always work like that, etc. etc.

Lots of potential security implications, assumptions that the app will always work like that, etc. etc.

The makers of Wordpress make that assumption. Security depends more on the priveleges of the database users rather than which tables are in which database...either way can be unsecure and either way can be secure depending on many factors.

The makers of Wordpress make that assumption. Security depends more on the priveleges of the database users rather than which tables are in which database...either way can be unsecure and either way can be secure depending on many factors.
Yes..and that is the problem. The user for one application can access the tables for another application. You can try and secure per table but then that means you have to keep track of all the tables for eahc application which can change with any release or addition of a plugin. It's not workable.

It's just plain easier and way more secure to have a separate database for each app.

I think that's the conclusion I came to in the first post. I may be ignorant for not figuring it out, but they're stupid for making it make me figure it out.

Anyway, almost done, just a contact page to go, a custom Paypal button that reads "Deposits" and if there is some way to do it I want to change the "comments" button to read "Ask Henning". Not particularly hopeful on the last one though, it's a bit beyond me

Last edited:
I've worked with a very inexpensive developer who is on permanent vacation in Mexico. He built me an amazing website for a professional organization that took first place in the annual affiliate competition for our parentborganization. It's based on Joomla which has its complexities, but once setup offers amazing capabilities.

Other sites he's built for me are based on WordPress and are probably a better fit for what you're looking for. Again, there's anbup front learning curve for setting them up so spending a little for the knowledge is worth it.

If interested pm me and I will get you his contact info. He charged 10% of my highest bid, 25% of the average bid.

I've worked with a very inexpensive developer who is on permanent vacation in Mexico. He built me an amazing website for a professional organization that took first place in the annual affiliate competition for our parentborganization. It's based on Joomla which has its complexities, but once setup offers amazing capabilities.

Other sites he's built for me are based on WordPress and are probably a better fit for what you're looking for. Again, there's anbup front learning curve for setting them up so spending a little for the knowledge is worth it.

If interested pm me and I will get you his contact info. He charged 10% of my highest bid, 25% of the average bid.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Here's the latest Joomla! we churned out http://www.sunmountain.com

And for setting up wordpress, will do for free on ocassion in my spare time for fellow pilots.... Go on down there to Mexico though.... :no: :nono: :incazzato: :frown2:

Here's the latest Joomla! we churned out http://www.sunmountain.com

And for setting up wordpress, will do for free on ocassion in my spare time for fellow pilots.... Go on down there to Mexico though.... :no: :nono: :incazzato: :frown2:

Didn't mean to step on toes. My bad for not getting to end of thread. But I did end up with an American friend who happens to reside in Mexico!

Didn't mean to step on toes. My bad for not getting to end of thread. But I did end up with an American friend who happens to reside in Mexico!

Oh I was kidding, for your type of job, we'd probably much rather you go to Mexico. Most of our customers are local and want a neck to choke that is close by. I don't mind competing on the international market, The only problem I have is with the USAID program, that takes our tax dollars and trains folks in southeast asia to program so that the large american companies can outsource to them at a cut rate, outsource to them if you want but don't take my tax dollars to train my competition...

That's basically the trend every company goes nowadays. I just hope something can be done here.
vbulletin-smile.gif

Back