Builders cam active

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Ok - I'm only building the table still, but if anyone wants to watch the progress on the plane, you can find it in my signature below, live on the internet!! Yay.

Nick I noticed all the mods your going to do such as widen the cabin, move the tanks to the wings. does the KR mfg provide plans for these mods or are you doing them on your own. If so aren't you a test pilot?

How long do you realistically think it will take to build ?

The materials w/o the avionics and engine look to be about $10,600. how much extra are you figuring for the engine and avionics? Another 50K?

Looks like fun. If I get out there in the next month or two I'll help ya turn a few screws.

Nick I noticed all the mods your going to do such as widen the cabin, move the tanks to the wings. does the KR mfg provide plans for these mods or are you doing them on your own. If so aren't you a test pilot?

How long do you realistically think it will take to build ?

The materials w/o the avionics and engine look to be about $10,600. how much extra are you figuring for the engine and avionics? Another 50K?

Looks like fun. If I get out there in the next month or two I'll help ya turn a few screws.

Every mod I'm doing has been done by numerous other KR2 builders out there, and there is a whole lot of test data (including wind tunnel test results) out there, which is awesome.

That said - I'll be a test pilot for sure (just like any other home builder's first few flights).

I figure over a year (but hopefully not much). The materials will run around 11K like you said, I'm figuring actually less than another 10K in avionics and Engine. I could build the plane, sans engine and avionics for much, much less, but I'm sticking to ordering Sitka Spruce from Aircraft Spruce, because I don't really know enough about materials to change to Douglas Fir and still be ok. Others have done it fine though.

If you ever come on out - I'd love to show you what I've got (assuming I ever get the freaking plans). There won't be much in the way of screw turning, but I can let ya help me throw a clamp or two on :D

Should work now. Was a slight problem there, thanks Michael.

Sounds good can't wait to see your progress. I have not been working on my Bearhawk much. My cub has been cutting in to build time. A few more things I will have the cub lined out I hope. I also like the DR.Peper it is a nice touch. What time will you be in the shop working? What do we do if we see guys rolling tools your tools out.
John

Lol guys. Right now, the cam is kind of stuck from last night, since I decided it would be fun to mess around and reinstall windows, and then found out that I am more operating system retarded than I thought. lol.

Back