Build of model nuke bomber: 2 yrs., 15K & 1 wife. Crash during safety demo: priceless

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
A MODEL-maker saw the plane that cost him a wife, £15,000 and two years of his life crash in flames on a test flight.

Simon Steggall spent all his spare time building the 16ft replica of a nuclear bomber.

His wife got so fed-up with the project they DIVORCED.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007120134,00.html

Read on. He had to demo that it was safe enough for a public exhibition at an air show.

He had it insured?! :hairraise: I wonder if he gets the 15k back from the insurance company. Will he get the wife back, too?

Re: Build of model nuke bomber: 15K and a wife. Crash during safety demo: priceless

“It feels like I’ve lost a member of the family. But I’m not going to let this setback get to me. Luckily my new girlfriend loves my hobby.”
Ooh, she's a keeper! ;)

Re: Build of model nuke bomber: 15K and a wife. Crash during safety demo: priceless

Will he get the wife back, too?

That only happens if you play country music backward... And you get your houn' dog back, too ;)

(easiest done with a reel-reel tape deck).

Fifteen thousand quid is about $29,000! If I could afford that much for my full-size homebuilt, it'd be one hell of a plane.

Re: Build of model nuke bomber: 2 yrs., 15K & 1 wife. Crash during safety demo: price

RC aviation never ceases to amaze me. for whatever reason these guys feel the need to dump enormous amounts of money into things they cant even ride in. sometimes its the wife, or medical issues, or whatever.

it sure is cool though.

Re: Build of model nuke bomber: 2 yrs., 15K & 1 wife. Crash during safety demo: price

It sounds like he had it insured. With that kind of money, he could probably have a pretty good time.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Does she get half?

Yeah, sorta like the Oklahoma guarantee...she owns the half that crashed and burned?

Jeez, I would go nuts if a model that I spend that much money on crashed.

Jeez, I would go nuts if a model that I spend that much money on crashed.
Better than having a hombuilt you spent that much time and money on crashing - with you in it...

Better than having a hombuilt you spent that much time and money on crashing - with you in it...

That is true, but still.

Back