Build My Panel

I am having a KT74 installed as mode s only for now. Avionics upgrade later this year with a 430 to bring itbupr to ADSB out on the 74

I am having a KT74 installed as mode s only for now. Avionics upgrade later this year with a 430 to bring itbupr to ADSB out on the 74

When I started looking to get the panel done I got quotes from all over the country, I end up here in Texas and this guys went the extra mile 5k under the big shops, gulfcoast, east coast and Sarasota avionics, having the owner of the shop flying you back home at no charge is a plus :yes:

G-3x with a 750 to serve as your MFD backed up with an iPad, Garmin Pilot, and Airstream as an extra display and control/programming head for the 750 along with whatever GDL device it takes to get the ADS-B In into the system. With that you have everything info wise covered and a rocking panel. Replace the A/P with a True Trac or other good experimental unit that ties into the system on the control side.

G-3x with a 750 to serve as your MFD backed up with an iPad, Garmin Pilot, and Airstream as an extra display and control/programming head for the 750 along with whatever GDL device it takes to get the ADS-B In into the system. With that you have everything info wise covered and a rocking panel. Replace the A/P with a True Trac or other good experimental unit that ties into the system on the control side.

I'm just going with a 430W w/ my 330ES, iPad, Stratus and Foreflight & calling it enough.

Dans Std Alt setting: My day job is also flying.

I'm just going with a 430W w/ my 330ES, iPad, Stratus and Foreflight & calling it enough.

Dans Std Alt setting: My day job is also flying.

If you get the Airstream, you will be able to control the 430w using the 750GTN type interface using Garmin Pilot on the iPad. Get the GDL-39-3D for ADS-B and AHRS. The 430 interface sucks, and Airstream is a cheap fix.

If you get the Airstream, you will be able to control the 430w using the 750GTN type interface using Garmin Pilot on the iPad. Get the GDL-39-3D for ADS-B and AHRS. The 430 interface sucks, and Airstream is a cheap fix.

Flightstream 1000 bucks installed

Flightstream 1000 bucks installed

The bargain of the entire Garmin universe when you consider it turns your 430w into a large screen 750 that you can quickly modify the flight plan with ATC amendments and then up load to the 430w without spinning and poking ad infinitum. The first time I used a 530w IFR I was doing 220kts descending into the SoCal basin and they gave me a V-Airway clearance there was no chance in hell I was going to be able to program in time. I told him I couldn't do it, either vectors or I fly to SLI VFR and pick up an ILS there.

Last edited:
I got it installed with new panel, wasn't crazy about switching to garmin pilot but doing flight plan and sending them to the 650 wireless is priceless

I got it installed with new panel, wasn't crazy about switching to garmin pilot but doing flight plan and sending them to the 650 wireless is priceless

And it does the same to the 430/530 which is priceless to the 10th power. Basically it is a complete system upgrade to the GTN interface for a $1000. I like Garmin Pilot just fine, in fact bought a GDL-39-3D that arrived today.

Last edited:
And it does the same to the 430/530 which is priceless to the 10th power. Basically it is a complete system upgrade to the GTN interface for a $1000. I like Garmin Pilot just fine, in fact bought a GDL-39-3D that arrived today.

What are you flying these days?

Back