Budweiser 9/11 Commercial

You have to respect big business when they show some compassion for the people affected .

I think it is very tasteful and respectful, but, aired only once? I'm sure the Youtube video will get more play than the networks could ever accomplish.

You have to respect big business when they show some compassion for the people affected .

Are you more likely to buy or recommend their product now?

I saw it when it originally aired. I thought then, and still feel now, that it was in poor taste. If they'd've left off the Budweiser logo and "enjoy responsibly" at the end then I would have an entirely different opinion of it. It was a great tribute but that ending bastardized it. And, the thing is, it was quite obvious that it was an Anheuser Busch commercial from the first moment. Plastering the logo at the end was completely unneccesary and made the statement "yes, we did this to sell beer."

Last edited:
Here's one that just as poignant, just as respectful, just as tributory (or moreso in each case) and without the Madison Ave sales pitch at the end.

Speaking only for myself, yes.

And that the entire and only point of the AD

Tribute lol, it's marketing, and it worked on you guys.

Budweiser is patriotic, I'm patriotic, I'm going to crack open a nice cold bland Bud!! Mercia!

Last edited:
I saw it when it originally aired. I thought then, and still feel now, that it was in poor taste. If they'd've left off the Budweiser logo and "enjoy responsibly" at the end then I would have an entirely different opinion of it. It was a great tribute but that ending bastardized it. And, the thing is, it was quite obvious that it was an Anheuser Busch commercial from the first moment. Plastering the logo at the end was completely unneccesary and made the statement "yes, we did this to sell beer."

I don't drink beer, but couldn't disagree more. Verizon was one company that ran a very nice tribute commercial after 9/11, and being a NYC company at the time, I thought it was good that they did so AND that they put their logo at the end. They very clearly weren't trying to sell anything during the commercial. I see the same type of effort here from A-B.

Everyone screams for companies to show commitment to community and demonstrate compassion, but then to complain about their attribution? Companies are identified by their logos.

JKG

Well, I liked it, still do.

And I was there.

So quit yer bitchin over the video and the intentions that may or may not have occurred with it and take the point, which was to remember those who can't have a beer anymore. There ain't a day out of the past 5000ish since the Twin Towers got hit that I haven't thought of them.

I think I'll have a beer. Blue Moon, thanks.

Tasteless - the beer that is !!! Its carbonated urine.

I don't drink beer, but couldn't disagree more. Verizon was one company that ran a very nice tribute commercial after 9/11, and being a NYC company at the time, I thought it was good that they did so AND that they put their logo at the end. They very clearly weren't trying to sell anything during the commercial. I see the same type of effort here from A-B.

And this is where the genius of advertising makes it's money. Sorry but I have to agree with tim, it's an ad and though it may come across as a show of respect that's because it was carefully crafted to come across that way. The people making this piece of video wanted you to feel exactly the way you do about it because that makes you feel good about them as a company which translates to sales.

It may be a respectful and touching piece of advertising, but it's still advertising, and it's obviously working.

not all advertising is bad.

Back