BT Earbuds/Headphones Recommendation

JGoodish

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
JGoodish
Any good ones for less than $100? Less than $200?

My basis of comparison is the standard Apple wired earbuds, which I think produce perfectly acceptable audio quality. I do mostly phone calls, so having a mic and voice quality is important. However, I do some audio listening as well. I see a ton of "cheap" BT sets on Amazon, but not sure if any of them are much good.

Thanks,
JKG

I love my UrbanEars Hellas.... https://www.urbanears.com/ue_us_en/hellas

Sweat proof, good sound, comfortable,and loooong battery life.

I have a set of Jaybirds in ear that are also good...and want to sell. Just don't like in-ear, which is why I went to the Hellas.

LG Tone Ultra Premium Bluetooth Headset - HBS-810

I've got a couple sets of these. I have also bought them for all the kids and couple of other family members.
We live in them.
Great battery life.
Great sound. Take the time to get the right fitting set of rubber inserts that come with it. I actually have huge ear canals and put the medium ones under the large ones to make them stiffer. Works excellent.
Great for driving/talking.
They have talk to text feature which can be handy when needed.
Good noise suppression for mowing, sawing, etc. when not listening to music.
Retractable.
So far VERY reliable. I'm pretty gentle with them, but not overly so. They've had their share of drops and jerks and things.
I bike, run, work, etc., and sweat like a pig. No issues yet.
I had the models: 730, 760, 800 also. 810 is the best so far for sure.
Our Sams club has them for $59 right now.

My only two complaints:
1. You can't bend them to adjust the fit. (they fit fine, but I wear a chain necklace and they rub on it)
2. The bluetooth range is intermittent. It depends on the environment. Sometimes it's fine across a few rooms, sometimes in your back pocket or side pocket in carpenter jeans if you squat down, it will get a choppy.

Overall love them, and use the hell out of em.

Costco has a plantronics in ear earbud set for $60.

I bought a pair of Bose QC35's after my wife left a pair of QC25's on an airplane. They sound great. But to be perfectly honest, my best pair of noise cancelling headphones is the Bose QC-20i - the noise cancellation is spectacular and the sound quality is a 7 or 8. So for an iphone 7 and higer you'll need the headphone adapter to fit the 3.5mm cable.

But over and over the QC-35 has been rated the top BT headphone.

Don't waste your money on a Beats - they dropped in quality significantly from second generation.

There are cheaper BT ear buds - but none of them work as well as the Bose.

Back