Brutally Cold in the Cub, this morning....

I grew up and learned to fly in Michigan, I now live in Southeastern Tennessee. You couldn't pay me enough to go back for another Michigan winter !!! My hat is off to you sir, no way I would fly my Vagabond in those conditions.

Jim

Brutally cold is subjective. Single digit temps are shirt sleeve weather after a week or two in -30 temps! ;)

But then we're not slipping and falling in the ice like we were in Vancouver last January ... :eek::(

I'm not spilling and falling on ice either. I have these:

4a0815aa-bb7a-432e-ae0f-bf99d0381d86

Are you guys missing the point here? Cold? So what, put on some more clothes, stick hand warmers in your pockets. Suck it up until you can't feel your toesies, then it's easy. The man had to restart the engine multiple times. Forget the cold skin, I think I woulda crapped my pants with 1 engine out let alone 7.

Not @nauga
Who needs barefoot glider training in Speedos in sub-zero temps...

Brutally cold is subjective. Single digit temps are shirt sleeve weather after a week or two in -30 temps! ;)

So true..!!!

Once in Fairbanks it had been in the -40s. Then suddenly it warmed up to the -teens. A nice balmy day, had to remove a layer and leave the jacket unzipped....:lol::lol:

I found using painters tab on the door and window gaps made a J-3 significantly less cold for NH winter flying.
Still wore a bunch of insulated layers .

Back