Brunswick Landing

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
- - - - don't know how large the image(credit Coastal Journal newspaper) will appear here. If small I'll delete it. It's the better shot I've seen of the former
Naval Air station Brunswick which will become Maine's newest GA airport during the spring of 2011. The tower is slightly out of the image to the right. The two runways are 8000'.

I think the hangar that will house Kestrel Aircraft is the newest one and is nearest U.S. Route 1(Bath Road). Wiscasset Airport KIWI is about a 3 minute flight out of the upper left corner of the image.

HR

Attachments

• Brunswick Landing_2.jpg
    Brunswick Landing_2.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 22
It's a great picture.. I'll have to visit there on my next trip to Maine.

I used to go to air shows at the old NAS when I was growing up. Lived just a "few" miles up river. Saw the Blue Angels there for the first time.

There'll be another Great State of Maine Airshow(with Blue Angels) next Fall, usually has been in early September. It'll be interesting to see how it fares without the Navy population on and around the base. Without a doubt, organization will be looking for plenty of volunteers.

The latest development is that Bowdoin College has been approved to purchase some large acreage of the Base(hard to get used to calling it anything but "Base.")

http://www.pressherald.com/news/maine-Bowdoin-College-Navy-land-brunswick.html

Last edited:
Back