Bruce, come back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those friggin' AOPA guys, man. I tell you what. They're all a bunch of boneheads. ;)

Those friggin' AOPA guys, man. I tell you what. They're all a bunch of boneheads. ;)
:D Andy, you crack me up. Even when you spell it bonhead. :D What was the name of that band...oh, yeah, Woddy and the Bonheads.

;)

:D Andy, you crack me up. Even when you spell it bonhead. :D What was the name of that band...oh, yeah, Woddy and the Bonheads.

;)

:) Thanks! :)

Gotta add some humor somehwere. Apparently it's been banned over yonder.

*ahem* Speaking of sense of humor...

Have I mentioned that I don't have one?

Just cause you're not naming it doesn't mean it isn't clear what you mean, which means it's still getting too close to "bashing" for comfort.

*ahem* Speaking of sense of humor...

Have I mentioned that I don't have one?

Just cause you're not naming it doesn't mean it isn't clear what you mean, which means it's still getting too close to "bashing" for comfort.

I meant no sense of humor at work... what were you thinking I meant?

...reminds me of a Beavis and Butthead, when Beavis says, "Liar, liar, pants on... oops, almost said it!"

...reminds me of a Beavis and Butthead, when Beavis says, "Liar, liar, pants on... oops, almost said it!"

Ah, the good ol' days of "Fire, fire, fire!" being banned led to several such quotes...

"Wire, wire, wire!"
"Water, water, water!"
"Liar, liar, pants on... hehe... Whoa!"

B: "Is that the smoke alarm?"
Bh: "Yeah. Someone should take the batteries out of that thing."
B: "Yeah Butthead, but what if there's a... Oh, never mind."

And of course, the music video with the dude running down the street on fire where Beavis just sits there mesmerized, laughing softly in a disturbing fashion, until Butthead smacks the crap out of him. Good stuff. :goofy:

If I had a dollar for every post I deleted before submitting on said other board, just because I figured some jackhole would pounce on some little detail and tear the whole post apart, I'd have a lot of dollars.

We've managed to avoid that here, for the most part.

Frankly, Doc, for all the free advice and hard work you've put in for folks over there (and here too) you should be knighted, not exasperated.

Ah, well.

If I had a dollar for every post I deleted before submitting on said other board, just because I figured some jackhole would pounce on some little detail and tear the whole post apart, I'd have a lot of dollars.

We've managed to avoid that here, for the most part.

Frankly, Doc, for all the free advice and hard work you've put in for folks over there (and here too) you should be knighted, not exasperated.

Ah, well.

Am I the only one who, every time I see the title of this thread, hears in my "mind's ear" the chorus from "Baby Come Back," by Player?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

Substitute, "Brucie Come Back!"

...any kind of fool could see... there was something, in everything about you...

Man, I am getting old.

This is the medical matters forum, and history can show that I'm adamant about this forum being used as intended.

This thread has moved away from any medical significance. Please move the off topic discussion to the hangar talk forum.

Thanks.

This is the medical matters forum, and history can show that I'm adamant about this forum being used as intended.

This thread has moved away from any medical significance. Please move the off topic discussion to the hangar talk forum.

Thanks.

You are, of course, quite right, Greebo... but you have to admit, listening to Baby Come Back by Player for too long would surely make you ill, and illness is a medical state.

(high fives...) :goofy:

Well this thread has gone on longer than I thought. I think my point was made. Feel free to lock it. I won't object.

BTW... I was thinking along the lines of the kid in Batman saying "Shame, come back Shame."

Well this thread has gone on longer than I thought. I think my point was made. Feel free to lock it. I won't object.

BTW... I was thinking along the lines of the kid in Batman saying "Shame, come back Shame."

Shane!

Last edited:
To keep this post on topic (medical topics) I would like to go on record that to the contrary of *that guy on the red board* I did not miss the big picture of Dr. Bruce's advice -- when I once asked for advice and got more than I bargained for. What I got was a gift from Dr. Bruce's heart...like so many before and after me...and I am forever thankful. Thanks Bruce.

I went to Dr. Bruce with a 'just over the line, white coat syndrome-influenced -barely-not-able-to-certify problem' and 8 years later have received a complete medical education about Metabolic Syndrome, and how my future can be bleak or bright based on the good Dr's advice. I have received an incredibly valuable education -- far beyond money -- but one that can only be measured in life extension. These medical forums are LIFE SAVING and it is a TRAGEDY that a few people who find the need to lash out have ruined it for all.

I also made a friend for life in Dr. Bruce.

I've been silent on the AOPA board on this issue. I rarely post there any more. I've been silent here since 2005 -- because I got hammered by one of the PoA moderators against his own policy.

I fully understand and support what Bruce did. Five years ago it used to be fun to discuss aviation related topics...to debate...to argue...even heatedly...with few-to-no personal attacks.

It isn't like that any more. Now, it's all about cute names (instead of real names) so that those who use them may hide behind them and lash out at others in attempt to try to bring some relief to their overall feeling of powerlessness. It's sad, really.

Back on topic...moderators...please do your jobs...and certainly don't ever violate your own rules....and live up to your task. Then, maybe people like me and hundreds of others who Bruce and others have helped ...those doc's may feel free to help us, and more as they come -- and medical certification will be easier once again -- and along the way...those smart enough to listen to '...uh...you might want to get that checked out...' might just live a little longer...and certainly fly longer.

Oh...about my cute name? It is a joke. It goes back to the thread where I got blasted by a PoA moderator.

If you remember that thread, then you've already figured out who I am.

If not, then I'm the 310 driver named Bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure whether bob is addressing PoA mods or AOPA mods in his post.

If PoA, while the message is good, it belongs in Site Feedback and Support.

If AOPA, the message is still good, but it belongs at AOPA.

This thread is not dying on its own, so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back