browser crashing

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
on my laptop ive had continuous issues with browsers crashing. it seems to mainly be related to facebook but sometimes other sites too. here is what firefox told me last time:

Add-ons: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0021-ABCDEFFEDCBA}:6.0.21,jqs@sun.com:1.0,{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}:3.5.3
BuildID: 20090824101458
CrashTime: 1279985090
InstallTime: 1253756769
ProductName: Firefox
SecondsSinceLastCrash: 328
StartupTime: 1279984790
Theme: classic/1.0
Throttleable: 1
URL: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/?ref=home
Vendor: Mozilla
Version: 3.5.3

This report also contains technical information about the state of the application when it crashed.

any ideas?

upgrade firefox ... current release is 3.6.6

ok. why does opera and internet explorer also crash?

this might have started after i upgraded flash. i cant remember. or perhaps after my last firefox upgrade. its been a while and i dont use this laptop much

i downloaded current version of firefox. 3.6.8 i think. now it wont even open. goes straight to a crash report:

BuildID: 20100722155716
CrashTime: 1279986168
InstallTime: 1279986160
ProductName: Firefox
SecondsSinceLastCrash: 7
StartupTime: 1279986167
Throttleable: 1
URL:
Vendor: Mozilla
Version: 3.6.8

ok. why does opera and internet explorer also crash?

this might have started after i upgraded flash. i cant remember. or perhaps after my last firefox upgrade. its been a while and i dont use this laptop much
ah, more info revealed. Why does IE crash? Because it's IE? :) Sorry ... not directly FF then...

Our family use Mac gets a workout on facebook and seems to be solid on FF and Safari, but always has the latest Flash and Java updates.

My WinXP laptop runs mostly FF (3.6.6), but there are a few places I have to use IE ... corporate VPN access mostly with Facebook being a blocked app so I can't compare how that works for me. Once again, latest Flash and Java patches may help.

i already made sure i'm up to date on java. i deleted all my temporary internet files and now firefox opens. we'll see if it stays open

Might want to uninstall java then reinstall it. The add-on line in your first post said something about "sun.com" - that makes me think it's java related.

Just an uneducated guess, but might be worth checking.

oh yea i was trying to remember what Sun did. good thinking chris

i already made sure i'm up to date on java. i deleted all my temporary internet files and now firefox opens. we'll see if it stays open

Might want to uninstall java then reinstall it. The add-on line in your first post said something about "sun.com" - that makes me think it's java related.

Just an uneducated guess, but might be worth checking.
I have noticed some instability with the latest version pf Java with iExplore, Firefox, and Safari. IT maybe that some of the browser updates are addressing this issue.

I haven't had any crashes but I have had on-screen announcements of incompatibility between FireFox and Flash. -Skip

Actually 3.6.8 is the most current. I just loaded it a few minutes ago.
That's odd - just got 3.6.7 on Mac OS/X a few seconds ago when clicking on "Check for update" ... LOL ... upon reboot, brought up FF home page and suggested "Download the latest version" ... downloading 3.6.8 as we speak, uh, type.

Done - 3.6.8 ... uh, what was the question? :)

Last edited:
Back