Broker Experiences (Skywagon/Stancil)

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
As some of you know, Leslie and I are in the market for a Cessna TR182 or something comparable. Many of the planes we find on TAP and Controller come from Skywagon/Stancil. Can you share experiences with them either publicly of via PM? Either pro or con? Thanks!

As some of you know, Leslie and I are in the market for a Cessna TR182 or something comparable. Many of the planes we find on TAP and Controller come from Skywagon/Stancil. Can you share experiences with them either publicly of via PM? Either pro or con? Thanks!

Dad bought his Turbo 206 from Stancil. Its been a great plane, but I'm not sure they get to take the credit for that. :)

I don't think there were any bad things he's had to say about Skywagons.com

Thanks. Since they specialize in the high-end single-engine Cessna market, we keep coming across them, and wondered if they were straight and fair shooters. Does you dad remember whether their ad prices are firm or if they bargain? If they fairly represented the merchandise in their ads?

No experience with them but I did deal with Wisconsin Aviation in Watertown and Shamrock in Janesville a lot. I did not buy from either but that was just because I could not find the plane I wanted. There was one broker that I would caution you to stay away from. They are at Rockford. While their war birds may be a good deal the regular plane sales left a bad taste in my mouth. Salesman that would make appointments and then not show up, never returned calls, misrepresented conditions. BTW it is not the guys with the L39s. If you want to know drop me a PM.

Thanks. Since they specialize in the high-end single-engine Cessna market, we keep coming across them, and wondered if they were straight and fair shooters. Does you dad remember whether their ad prices are firm or if they bargain? If they fairly represented the merchandise in their ads?

Well, if they're brokering that plane, it would depend on the owner as to how much they can bargain. If they are the stocking dealer, then it is up to them. Sometimes brokers will buy trade ins to make other deals work (and hopefully make some money on that sale as well).

Back