Broken NAV LIGHT Rheostat

Tim Taylor

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Toolman
Hi POA!

Looking for any suggestions on a simple but expensive issue. The Nav Light rheostat on my Warrior has completely broken. Wheel cracked and will not turn and NAV lights (as well as the attached SkyBeacon) are inop.

Apparently, replacing the rheostat is a labor intensive process and I am wondering if any of you have any clever ideas for alternative methods for getting the NAV lights and SkyBeacon back into play.

Not trying to be unnecessarily cheap but also not trying to be foolish with my spending.

Replacements are used, outlandishly expensive if you can find one. Consider the solid state Maxdim...cheaper, and what Piper is using in all new aircraft.

Replacements are used, outlandishly expensive if you can find one. Consider the solid state Maxdim...cheaper, and what Piper is using in all new aircraft.
Thanks murphey! Does that go in the switch panel or get mounted in an available space somewhere else on the instrument panel?

You mean the instrument light rheostat, right? Never seen dimmable nav lights.

They are both controlled by the rheostat. However, it's the radio lights that dim and the Nav lights that switch on and off. At least they are supposed to. :(

Back