Broken iPod Touch

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Since I've been talking so much about iOS vs Android, I figured I might as well get my iPod touch back up....

The easiest device in the world is causing me a massive issue. The device worked perfectly, and I refused to pay for an upgrade to the software because the claim that SOX required me to pay for it makes me want to puke.

That aside, one day, a software update appeared in iTunes, and there was no charge for it. So grabbed it. When it installed, it appears to have broken my iPod now. Here's what I see:

On the device:
attachment.php

In iTunes, after trying to "Restore":
attachment.php

I think the version of iOS its trying to install is unknown because I can't seem to find it anywhere. I think it was 4.2 or something like that.

Ideas?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-26 at 9.10.44 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-26 at 9.10.44 PM.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20110526_210955.jpg
    IMG_20110526_210955.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 63
That appears to have worked. Neat. Thanks for the help.
Have you ever jailbroke it? It's a somewhat common thing to have happen after a jailbreak when you try to flash back to stock ios.

Have you ever jailbroke it? It's a somewhat common thing to have happen after a jailbreak when you try to flash back to stock ios.

Surprisingly, I never did. I don't even know how to jailbreak it. I have not really enjoyed this device as much as I thought I would, so I've never really had a desire to.

Back