Broke the airplane, AGAIN

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Coming onto base leg yesterday as I throttled down I heard a vibration and strange metallic noise. It got my attention real quick and scan of the gauges showed that things were still turning and oil pressure was fine. I throttled up a little and the noise went away, throttled to 1500rpm and it was there. We landed and started looking for the problem.

Found it! Up near the exhaust Where the red arrow is pointing (old picture of the starter). The bracket cracked all the way around. Now I guess I got to get that fixed. Just came out of annual less than 8 hours ago. Shoot, I had a lite week and there is great weather. I was hoping to get some flying in this week and pick up a few new airports since I had not been getting a lot of them the past few months with all the mom issues.

Last edited:
Coming onto base leg yesterday as I throttled down I heard a vibration and strange metallic noise. It got my attention real quick and scan of the gauges showed that things were still turning and oil pressure was fine. I throttled up a little and the noise went away, throttled to 1500rpm and it was there. We landed and started looking for the problem.

Found it! Up near the exhaust Where the red arrow is pointing (old picture of the starter). The bracket cracked all the way around. Now I guess I got to get that fixed. Just came out of annual less than 8 hours ago. Shoot, I had a lite week and there is great weather. I was hoping to get some flying in this week and pick up a few new airports since I had not been getting a lot of them the past few months with all the mom issues.

Two words: Duct Tape! :rofl: You are on an Experimental certificate, right? :goofy:

Easy fix, quick weld and it's done.

If you can't fix it or find one I've got one here. Took it off my 151 Warrior when I did the Arch-Warrior conversion. If I remember when I removed it I ground off the rivets so it should be fine. If your interested in it, email me.

Davebelfi@hotmail.com

If you can't fix it or find one I've got one here. Took it off my 151 Warrior when I did the Arch-Warrior conversion. If I remember when I removed it I ground off the rivets so it should be fine. If your interested in it, email me.

Davebelfi@hotmail.com

The mechanic is looking at it today and tomorrow he is supposed to call to tell me what it is going to take. If I need it I will let you know.

Scott I just have to say I like the new Avator :)

Bummer on the plane, glad that is all it was though!

I noticed it, Scott, was wondering how such a pretty lady could have such an ugly kid.

j/k

Back