Broke 200 hours

Morne

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Morne
Yesterday I ran a friend to Chicago (got pizza, too). MDW was nuts! On the way home, I picked up a pal/instructor who had dropped off his Cheetah at RZL for the annual. Since I had an instructor (still working on instrument ticket), we filed IFR for the trip home, selecting an altitude that would put us in and out of the scattered clouds most of the way. It was a BLAST to see clouds coming at me and just plow through. I feel like I am starting to know what the heck I am doing.

At the end, my best landing (of 3 on the day) was with my pal/instructor! Always good to look like you know what you're doing when somebody knowledgable is watching...

Very cool, congrats! Must be a good feeling.

I imagine you are doing quite well. You certainly did with me. Let me know if you need a round 2.

What will it take to get the 200 hours fixed?
Not sure, but since it is aviation you know it'll be expensive.

I am just happy that I am getting in the air a lot. I broke 100 hours last year in November during my big cross country journey. To collect another 100 hours in 10 months means I am getting good use out of both my 182 and the time/money invested.

Steingar, I may call you soon!

The first 1000 hours seem to take forever, after that you stop counting. Very cool!

Congratulations! Hours are funny critters. I sort of tracked my hours as I progressed through my career, it is not as important in the military as in a civilian setting, but when I retired and spent a day going through my logs the little notes brought back some of the flights like they were yesterday. Enjoy the trip. When you look back the first 15,000 hours pass in an eyeblink. :yesnod:

Back