BRM aero?

marcoseddi

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
marc
Just watched the video on. Aopa and saw this plane designed by Milan. Beautiful plane and seems to be much much cheaper than most it Is an lsa but looks like regular plane cirrus for that matter or a diamond. Any thoughts anyone flown one?

I spent quite a bit of time sitting in the Bristell at Sun N Fun last year. It is a really sweet airplane. The width at the shoulders is pretty incredible. I really like the panel design too. As an owner of a LSA (Gobosh), I think it compares well against the other LSA's out there. The details are very nice in the design. The higher useful load and yet still the ability to carry a decent amount of gas is great too.

I think I am biased since I own a LSA but I think many LSA's including the Bristell are a great choice when compared to a part 23 certified aircraft. There are always trade offs. The gross weight limitation is one of those. As always it depends on the mission of the aircraft. I have flown my LSA on long cross countries and have really enjoyed it. If you are comparing it to a used part 23 plane, you can find lots of older cheaper certified planes. With that said, you have an older plane with older avionics. If you compare against a new certified plane I think you would be hard pressed to find one as inexpensive.

One other consideration is how the aircraft performs in weather and turbulence. LSA's feel the bumps more to be sure.

It looks like you are in NJ? If so I believe they have a Bristell there in Long Island. Details are on their web site. The best bet is to given them a call and go take a look.

Carl

I like the fact that it has the look and feel of a composite airplane, but is traditional aluminum construction. In the long run, I think this will lead to more economical ownership. I'm intrigued by the wing baggage compartments they mention, but too bad their website is too lame to actually show this feature.

Their website really does them no favors.

Looks neat. That's about all anyone can say about this plane until it's flown, tested and critiqued by third parties. I personally would wait a while and let others go first. It's the next generation Pipersport plane and that plane had some serious flaws so I have read.

I couldn't find it. How much?

I am actually building a RV-12 and still really like the Bristell. I do like the -12. I got to test fly the -12 and haven't flown the Bristell yet. I will tell you though sitting in the Bristell it felt more roomy than the -12. The price difference is considerable though. I think however some people build only to save money. It will save you some but it also a great deal of effort to build a plane. I am a bit more than 50% done building the -12 and it has been great fun to build but also a fair amount of work.

Carl

I am actually building a RV-12 and still really like the Bristell. I do like the -12. I got to test fly the -12 and haven't flown the Bristell yet. I will tell you though sitting in the Bristell it felt more roomy than the -12. The price difference is considerable though. I think however some people build only to save money. It will save you some but it also a great deal of effort to build a plane. I am a bit more than 50% done building the -12 and it has been great fun to build but also a fair amount of work.

Carl

Well, my post was mostly intended to suggest the finished, factory built RV-12. At least initially, they were offering them at $105,000 for the base plane. Even if the Bistrell is roomier, that's a lot of extra dough!

Back