British Airways in gusty winds

It looks like the pilots were two or three sheets in to the wind.

That does NOT look like turbulence. Looks to me like it was done on purpose. I wonder if that was file footage of an air show fly-by.

Great . . . . Vertical video. Over half of it either eclpised by his finger or aimed at the ground (or roof, it's hard to tell). To say nothing of cnn's full screen advertisement in the middle, which I had to close tgen back up the inanity.

Other than that, it's a content-free article with worthless video.

That does NOT look like turbulence. Looks to me like it was done on purpose. I wonder if that was file footage of an air show fly-by.

Nope, there have been additional posts now with videos from pax. To me, it looked like a PIO - One of the pax was sitting just behind the wing and you can clearly see the spoiler on that side going up when it rolls in that direction, going down as the roll stops, going up again, etc... Someone commented that the A320 is somewhat susceptible to a PIO, though I don't know why.

Original vid and one interior vid with a good view of the left spoiler in this article: https://www.businessinsider.com/bri...amatic-landing-attempt-video-gibraltar-2019-2

Here's another video where you get an initial reaction. Audio is really interesting - It does sounds like people who know a thing or two about aviation (note the "going around" just *before* the engines spool up, and the female voice saying "we might be going to Malaga" which is where they did end up diverting to), and they react somewhat less than your average pax might. There's also some spots where you can see the right spoiler:

Last edited:
Back