Bringing HER home...

The manifold pressure comes in handy when it is really turbulent. Set the power to a manifold pressure and you are good. :)

Last edited:
I read your post a couple days ago, but as I reread it, it struck me what a blessing and privilege it is to be able to make a trip like you just did. Not many people in the world ever get to do anything even remotely resembling a trip like that. Sometimes I tend to take flying for granted :(.

I didn't comment on them before, but your pictures are really beautiful! What a great job with your photography. I hope you really, really enjoy owning your airplane and I (selfishly) look forward to many more pictures! :)

Our 172G didn't like 100LL fuel much. We always had trouble with lead-fouled plugs, even though I was religious about leaning while taxiing. I started using TCP in the fuel, which seemed to help. The 150H we have now is not bad about fouling plugs, but I have had 3 or 4 stuck valves, always the same cylinder. :(

Last edited:
I read your post a couple days ago, but as I reread it, it struck me what a blessing and privilege it is to be able to make a trip like you just did. Not many people in the world ever get to do anything even remotely resembling a trip like that. Sometimes I tend to take flying for granted :(.

I didn't comment on them before, but your pictures are really beautiful! What a great job with your photography. I hope you really, really enjoy owning your airplane and I (selfishly) look forward to many more pictures! :)

Our 172G didn't like 100LL fuel much. We always had trouble with lead-fouled plugs, even though I was religious about leaning while taxiing. I started using TCP in the fuel, which seemed to help. The 150H we have now is not bad about fouling plugs, but I have had 3 or 4 stuck valves, always the same cylinder. :(

Thank you for your very kind words. I'll definitely continue to post pictures - most likely you will find them in the 'Daily Pic' thread. :D

We know about the lead-fouled plugs and will 'feed' her with Mogas whenever we can. The TCP is an additional option - thanks for sharing. We hope that we can avoid the lead-fouled plugs and will definitely have an eye on this topic.

Have a great day,
Martina

Nice pictures....Congratulations. Bet you will enjoy your free time flying. Were are the mountains?????:yes:

Congratulations! She is a good lookin' bird :)

Thank you!

The entire route was over flatland... The only mountains we saw were around Nashville and the only hills nearby are the landfills... :eek::redface:

We plan to fly her to Yellowstone in August and will get our share. :D

Last edited:
Back