Brenham 11R POA lunch

GaryV

Pre-takeoff checklist
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
GaryV
All
Weather permitting we’ll be going to Brenham for lunch next Saturday. I hope some of the rest of the POA group can join.

Gary

Is the restaurant open again?

It’s open on the weekend from 11 to 3. Based on when I’ve been there is the past before noon is better in terms of getting a seat. How about 11:30?
Gary

I agree.

The Black Walnut is great. Also the restaurant at LBX has decent sea food. The owner also owns at least one Baytown Seafood location and the menus are similar.

I was thinking Brehnam this time because it’s closer for our friends in central Texas. I’d be happy to have another group run to Conroe as well.

Gary

Sorry but I will not be able to make it on Saturday. Hope it is good weather for you. Have fun.

I might be able to. Weather doesnt look great.

Weather doesn’t look great, especially from the west. Ceilings are supposed to be above 3000 from my side so it’s doable for me, just cold. Anyone still interested or should we push it back ?
Gary

My vote would be to push it back. It’s doable, but I think it would be more enjoyable and a better turnout with some better weather.

I agree. Looks like rain is moving in. I start my annual next week so my next shot is likely to be early March. At least it should be above the 40’s by then.

Gary

Hope it’s a smooth annual for you. I am based at KCXO so Brenham or KLBX are easy flights for me if anyone ever want to grab a bite. I also enjoy Black Walnut at KCXO but that’s not much of a flight for me.

I mostly just read and don't post a lot, but I'm at 5C1 in Boerne and would like to meet some of you guys that are in the Texas area. If I can get my (b)FR done before the re-schedule I'll try to make it! Weather has been lousy the last two weeks.

Back