For Sale Breitling Chronomat B13408 Original Owner $700 SOLD

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
Selling this Breitling also for my friend that recently had the prop strike. He's trying to fund the repair. I fronted the cost of a new (used) propeller and my labor so a portion of the proceeds go to me. Other than that I'm not taking a commission. The airplane is back together and I test ran it today. Just need to button up a few things and maybe I will fly it tomorrow.

So my friend tells me I can either put this up on eBay or buy it from him at a reduced price seeing as we won't have to pay eBay fees, etc. I haven't made up my mind yet. They seem to be going for about $1,250 on eBay. This one has a couple of issues. The flyback is not working on the chronometer hand. It will start and stop but not flyback to zero. The other issue is more minor than that, you're supposed to be able to screw the stem in to lock it to a waterproof position. There's a little o-ring in there I think I see. It won't stay screwed into the locked position. Other than that it works normally.

Open to offers. Asking a firmish $700.

20190828_004038.jpg

Last edited:
Sold to a friend for $500 since it stopped running right after posting this, likely just from disuse. Should have gotten the $700 but I was going by a number that the owner gave me for repairing it and it turned out he was high.

Back