Breckenridge, Texas (KBKD) PIREPS

petrolero

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
petrolero
I'm heading there soon. I tried calling them but got no answer. Few comments on ForeFlight.

Has anyone been to this airport and can provide some info...

I've heard I need to bring tie-down straps or ropes... true?

Is 100LL self-serve only?

What else do I need to know?

TIA!

I stop there all the time going to Amarillo.

Bring ropes. It's self serve. There's nothing there except a building with a bathroom, but I think they do have a courtesy car.

Plan on you being the only soul on the field when you land.

I stop there all the time going to Amarillo.

Bring ropes. It's self serve. There's nothing there except a building with a bathroom, but I think they do have a courtesy car.

Plan on you being the only soul on the field when you land.

One of those.. gotcha. :D

One of those.. gotcha. :D

Yeah, the reason I stop there is it's exactly half way for my trip and it has multiple runways for cross winds.

If winds are no problem, you can fly twenty minutes SouthEast to Stephenville (KSEP) and some of the best BBQ in the world. :)

Yeah, the reason I stop there is it's exactly half way for my trip and it has multiple runways for cross winds.

If winds are no problem, you can fly twenty minutes SouthEast to Stephenville (KSEP) and some of the best BBQ in the world. :)
How's the wind usually out there?

Also I see SEP mentioned so much I'm going to go try it soon... But I have trouble believing it can get close to Black's in Lockhart.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

How's the wind usually out there?

Also I see SEP mentioned so much I'm going to go try it soon... But I have trouble believing it can get close to Black's in Lockhart.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I aborted one time going into Stephenville. It just wasn't going to happen.

I went the twenty minutes NorthWest to Breckinridge and landed straight into the wind. I didn't get to eat lunch, but lived to fly another day.

That was only that one time, but the wind was brutal. Wicked might be a better word. I couldn't hold centerline to save my life.

I've never had it that bad, but it seems likes there's always a crosswind at KSEP!

9887202753_4054da0618_b.jpg

I aborted one time going into Stephenville. It just wasn't going to happen.

I went the twenty minutes NorthWest to Breckinridge and landed straight into the wind. I didn't get to eat lunch, but lived to fly another day.

That was only that one time, but the wind was brutal. Wicked might be a better word. I couldn't hold centerline to save my life.

I've never had it that bad, but it seems likes there's always a crosswind at KSEP!

9887202753_4054da0618_b.jpg

I was talking with someone about BBQ earlier, and I'm dying to go fly, so this pic at SEP made me tear up just a bit. What an absolutely gorgeous plane!

Hard 8 is great BBQ, but I am certain there are others that are as good or better.

Thanks! We fly in there a few times a year. For BBQ, not many around here that I would say are better. Coopers in Llano is good too, but I prefer Hard 8.

I was talking with someone about BBQ earlier, and I'm dying to go fly, so this pic at SEP made me tear up just a bit. What an absolutely gorgeous plane!

Hard 8 is great BBQ, but I am certain there are others that are as good or better.

That is a great looking Cessna.

Hard 8's pits are used so much they're seasoned to the bone. You could put meat in there with no fire and I'll bet it would smoke.

That's the key to good BBQ. The pit's gotta be seasoned well on the inside and have a lot of the good ol' black soot. Smoking is more of a chemical process than it is cooking when you read all about it.

Back