Breakfast Run

Shipoke

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
shipoke
I'm thinking about starting to make a breakfast run each weekend and posting it here.Since i live in Harrisburg Pa. it will be in this area . I'm thinking this Sunday might go to Carrol County Md (DMW) any one interested. Dave G P.S. this will be VFR only since i'm not IR yet

Find something in Ct NY or on LI and I'll join you. I thought long and hard about following Toby up to NH (Silver Ranch) for the Cherokee breakfast. And then again, PA isn't THAT far away.

Well john i'm open to suggestions,always looking for someplace to go and eat.i would like to keep it within 2hour flight time from here (cxy).dont know much about up that way so i'll let you help there. Dave

If you two wanna get together, Blairstown, NJ (1N7) is about a half hour out of New York, and an hour out of Harrisburg. They are reputed to have a good breakfast, but I can't personally vouch for it.

Joe Williams said:
If you two wanna get together, Blairstown, NJ (1N7) is about a half hour out of New York, and an hour out of Harrisburg. They are reputed to have a good breakfast, but I can't personally vouch for it.

Blaristown has good food, great cafe staff, and a very scenic airport setting. Personally, it is one of my favorite $100 breakfast runs.

silver-eagle said:
Find something in Ct NY or on LI and I'll join you. I thought long and hard about following Toby up to NH (Silver Ranch) for the Cherokee breakfast. And then again, PA isn't THAT far away.
John, I'm not going to NH. I decided I'm not up for that airport yet (big chicken here). But I hope to fly both Sat. and Sun., so if you want to meet somewhere in CT on Sat., I could do that. Has to be for lunch, though, not breakfast, as I have to be somewhere else that morning.

Dave, I could get out to Blairstown on Sunday for breakfast, that would be great.

Ed Guthrie said:
Blaristown has good food, great cafe staff, and a very scenic airport setting. Personally, it is one of my favorite $100 breakfast runs.
Ed, you want to meet there on Sun.?

Toby said:
Ed, you want to meet there on Sun.?

I'm in Chapel Hill this weekend with my daughter (Parents Weekend and UNC-CH), otherwise I'd be joining you. Next weekend works.

Dave and potential attendees of the Westminster breakfast run. Keep a heads up P-40 is supposed to be expaned this weekend.

Ed Guthrie said:
I'm in Chapel Hill this weekend with my daughter (Parents Weekend and UNC-CH), otherwise I'd be joining you. Next weekend works.
Ack. Next weekend (Columbus Day weekend) I'll be in Montreal visiting my daughter.

Thanks Adam, DMW is out as far as i'm concerned,might try for somewhere else . Dave

So, Blairstown on Sunday? 10 or 11:00? I'll post this on the AOPA board, too. I'm happy to go out there (or somewhere else), but there's got to be at least one other person definitely going!

Toby said:
So, Blairstown on Sunday? 10 or 11:00? I'll post this on the AOPA board, too. I'm happy to go out there (or somewhere else), but there's got to be at least one other person definitely going!

Hi Toby:

Blairstown on Sunday morning works for me! I do need to be out of there by 11-ish, as I'm then heading to Millville to visit Mom.

Gary

Gary said:
Hi Toby:

Blairstown on Sunday morning works for me! I do need to be out of there by 11-ish, as I'm then heading to Millville to visit Mom.

Gary

I'd better aim for 9:30, then. Remember last time? I couldn't find the airport. :)

Anyone else who's coming, please post here.

Toby said:
I couldn't find the airport.

Toby. Get a handheld GPS.

And don't forget to take a piece of homemade pie or cake home. I love Blairstown. Close to PA, and it doesn't even "feel" like Jersey. :)

Anthony said:
Toby. Get a handheld GPS.

And don't forget to take a piece of homemade pie or cake home. I love Blairstown. Close to PA, and it doesn't even "feel" like Jersey. :)
Anthony,

I had a GNS 430 in the plane the last time I went, but that didn't stop me from circling a couple times, anyway.

So, when are you coming back to PA?

Toby said:
I had a GNS 430 in the plane the last time I went, but that didn't stop me from circling a couple times, anyway.
Hi Toby, don't feel bad. I too have to circle around to find Blairstown in spite of having a KNS 94. Count me in for breakfast. I'll see you and everyone there.

TeenDoc said:
Hi Toby, don't feel bad. I too have to circle around to find Blairstown in spite of having a KNS 94. Count me in for breakfast. I'll see you and everyone there.
Great!

Yes, they should chop down those pesky hills by the airport. They block everything!

Toby said:
Great!

Yes, they should chop down those pesky hills by the airport. They block everything!

Oh NO!!! The hills and trees are part of the charm! Hope its as nice tomorrow as today is turning out to be. I'm shooting to be off the ground by 8AM, that should be plenty of time. See you then.

Gary

Well toby if it's not to hazy,I'm planning on liftoff at 7:30,stopping at MPO to pick up Fly2YVR,then to 1N7.BTW i also invited CT1 and he's coming from PNE Dave

Hey Toby and the guys,

Here are the pictures of the breakfast run. It was great meeting you all.

TeenDoc said:
Hey Toby and the guys,

Here are the pictures of the breakfast run. It was great meeting you all.
It was great meeting you, Gil! Very fun trip out to Blairstown today. I had an interesting trip home. After I took off I tried to contact NY App. to get clearance through the Bravo again. I could not get through, there was an incredible amount of chatter that went on and on. My call sign was not being acknowledged. Finally, I heard the controller actually say to someone, "Shut up!" I have never heard that on the radio before. Were you on that frequency? I gave up trying to fly over the city and headed north to Sparta-Carmel. I was at Warwick before I was able to get flight following.

Other than that, it was a beautiful flight, and I am happy to report that the Hudson River is right where it's supposed to be and so are all the airports on the sectional.

Dave, why was that couple sitting at your table and squirming to get out of the picture?! I thought they wanted to join our group, which would have been fine, but I guess they didn't?

Toby said:
After I took off I tried to contact NY App. to get clearance through the Bravo again. I could not get through, there was an incredible amount of chatter that went on and on.
Hi Toby,
It happens often in that area. I stayed at 028 to remain under the bravo. I didn't get through to NY approach until I was 5 miles from the Tappan Zee and I only did it because I had to. NY approach controls the sequencing into HPN and you must contact them before tower.

I had a great time meeting you and the guys. Let's do it again soon.

What a great day! Nice meeting some others, couldn't ask for a better day. Made it to Millville in 58 minutes, pretty good time. Now I can attached some faces to names. Toby, the Cherokee is great, I really hope that it does what you need it to.

BTW, the Millville FSS is back up in a limited capacity, traffic advisories only on 123.65. They have a temporary building (with a window!), soon to have a temporary tower as well, reception with the jury rigged equipment is poor, but it works.

Attached some pictures.

Gary

Well Toby the Guy moved cause he thought the food was there.not sure why his wife moved. BTW i had a great time, met most of you before except Gil and Jim's buddy , always nice to meet new paople. We will do it again . I'm thinking maybe in 2 or 3 weeks, Lets hear some thoughts about where to go . Dave G.

Shipoke said:
Well Toby the Guy moved cause he thought the food was there.not sure why his wife moved. BTW i had a great time, met most of you before except Gil and Jim's buddy , always nice to meet new paople. We will do it again . I'm thinking maybe in 2 or 3 weeks, Lets hear some thoughts about where to go . Dave G.
How about Ocean City, NJ?

Toby said:
How about Ocean City, NJ?

That's a possibility, I'm wondering how the new resturant at Wildwood NJ (Cape May County, WWD) would be? Also, still would like to try Sky Acres!

Gary

Gary said:
That's a possibility, I'm wondering how the new resturant at Wildwood NJ (Cape May County, WWD) would be? Also, still would like to try Sky Acres!

Gary
I haven't been up to Sky Acres in months and would be glad to go. It will be quite pretty there in mid-October.

I've never been to Cape May. I see it's 143 nm. I could do that as a lunch run! Any of these three destinations is okay by me.

Cape May might be doable, looks like about 1 hour flight time for me. Let try for the weekend of the 30th, that give everyone time to plan. I'll start another post called breakfast run 2, and see who wants to go there . Dave

Bullocks at DMW is a very good place to go. Do yourself a favor, DON'T try it on Sunday morning unless you LIKE standing in a line. Very popular with the locals as an 'after church' breakfast.

If you want to go a little further, you might also want to check out Ocean City NJ, just South of Atlantic City. Very nice little cafe' there on the field, just a 4 block walk to the beach if you like.

I wouldn't mind going with you if you didn't mind venturing down into the dreaded ADIZ to pick me up. :) (Laurel Suburban, W18)

Shipoke said:
I'm thinking about starting to make a breakfast run each weekend and posting it here.Since i live in Harrisburg Pa. it will be in this area . I'm thinking this Sunday might go to Carrol County Md (DMW) any one interested. Dave G P.S. this will be VFR only since i'm not IR yet

Hey Brett, I was told Bullocks changed ownership and is now NOT OPEN for breakfast anymore on sundays,they open at noon now. It's a Seafood resteraunt now. Dave G.

BTW brett i've posted the next stop. It will be to Cape May on Sunday the 30th, Fly on over we'll be doing Lunch there Dave

AAAAKKKKKKKK!!!! :eek:

Shipoke said:
Hey Brett, I was told Bullocks changed ownership and is now NOT OPEN for breakfast anymore on sundays,they open at noon now. It's a Seafood resteraunt now. Dave G.

Toby said:
Anthony,

So, when are you coming back to PA?

Toby. Just saw this. I don't know yet, could be soon, could be never. We really like Colorado, and it depends on what my company wants to do with me.

Maybe you guys could have an event west of the Mississippi so us "western" types can attend. :)

Back