Breakfast at Bolivar, MO tomorrow

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
A few of us are flying to Bolivar, MO (M17) for breakfast tomorrow morning. Y'all come join us. :)

I would like to fly down there, but looks a bit too windy for me. Maybe next time.

I would like to fly down there, but looks a bit too windy for me. Maybe next time.

Sorry you couldn't make it. Kim and Phil flew down in her Bird Dog and some friends of hers came in their Super Decathlon. I enjoyed meeting them. Breakfast was good. Plus, another forum member recognized our airplanes and came over and introduced himself and we had a nice visit. Marc Popejoy (Mxfarm) will hopefully join us at Gaston's this year.

There was mud to wash off the Citabria after sloshing across the ditch twice, but it was worth it after being able to meet with friends and to fly along listening to my iPod while enjoying a beautiful day.

Sorry you couldn't make it. Kim and Phil flew down in her Bird Dog and some friends of hers came in their Super Decathlon. I enjoyed meeting them. Breakfast was good. Plus, another forum member recognized our airplanes and came over and introduced himself and we had a nice visit. Marc Popejoy (Mxfarm) will hopefully join us at Gaston's this year.

There was mud to wash off the Citabria after sloshing across the ditch twice, but it was worth it after being able to meet with friends and to fly along listening to my iPod while enjoying a beautiful day.

Wasn't such a beautiful flying day up here. Winds weren't too bad so I decided to head down to Bolivar to check it out (never been there before). I got over Clinton and ran into some severe turbulence. It was so bad my head got slammed against the upper door frame on my 172 and left a good gash in the side of my head. So I turned back around and flew back with one hand while I was holding the gash from bleeding too much. Wx looked good from the ground, but It was a horrible day to fly.

Wasn't such a beautiful flying day up here. Winds weren't too bad so I decided to head down to Bolivar to check it out (never been there before). I got over Clinton and ran into some severe turbulence. It was so bad my head got slammed against the upper door frame on my 172 and left a good gash in the side of my head. So I turned back around and flew back with one hand while I was holding the gash from bleeding too much. Wx looked good from the ground, but It was a horrible day to fly.
I'm sorry to hear about that. :eek: Sounds like you made a good decision to go back, especially if you were bleeding.

Gosh, I've been bounced pretty hard a couple times but never that hard. I hope you're feeling better and the wound heals quickly.

That is why when I am flying I have this cap that doesn't have that little round bump on the top. If you hit your head on the top of the plane that little bump tries to knock a hole in your head. I hve been told that I already have enough holes in my head. Sounds like you had fun. I wrote about my Sat. Flight on the purple board under Adventure Flying, thread is Debriefing-- Flight reports. I see Kim wrote about this flight of yours on it.

Bob

Last edited:
Back