Breakfast anyone?

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
LONDON, England (Reuters) -- A British boy tucking into his breakfast had a nasty surprise when he discovered a 2-foot-long snake inside his packet of cereal.

Jordan Willett, 5, thought he had found a toy when the serpent -- a harmless corn snake -- slithered out of the packet of "Golden Puffs" his parents had bought from discount store Netto in Telford, central England.

"It was quite long and popped its head up. I've seen snakes on TV before but never in a box of cereal," he told the Daily Mail newspaper.

Netto said on Wednesday it was talking to its suppliers to review procedures and check on its stock.

"This does seem to be a bizarre incident but we are treating it seriously," said Netto trading director Clive Cooper.

Corn snakes, which feed on mice and birds, are commonly kept as pets around the world.

Perhaps Kellogg's should jump on this and market a new cereal.

This one is close to home:

Young Boy Bitten by Snake
LAST UPDATE: 5/7/2005 9:51:04 AM
Posted By: Dale Blasingame
Watch this story...

A young boy is now at University Hospital, after he was bitten by a snake late Friday afternoon.

We're told the boy was playing in the grass near a gas station along Loop 410, near Stinson Air Field, when he was bitten by a pit viper snake. The victim was flown to University Hospital by Airlife to beat rush hour traffic, so the anti-venom could be administered in time.

The boy is now in stable condition.

--------------------------------------
And folks wonder why I was concerned when I found a rather large rattler in the back corner of my hangar... at Stinson...

Back