Breakfast 5/21 -- Chitown POA'ers?

astanley

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew Stanley
I'm staying at Dearborn and Hubbard... and have breakfast open. Who's downtown during the week? I can do early to late morning. Just be nice to see some PoA'ers!

(If any of you are more adventurous, I may head out late to the Green Mill on North Broadway to hear Elling sing and get my jazz fix Wednesday night... probably followed by late night Italian Beef's)

Cheers,

-Andrew

Mark me a "maybe" for both. Green Mill freaking rules and I haven't been there in way, way too long... It's tough for me to go out on School Nights these days, though.

Breakfast would have to be a game time decision for me. Depends on... well, I guess a lot of stuff. :D

Anyway shoot me a PM next week if you want.

Mark me a "maybe" for both. Green Mill freaking rules and I haven't been there in way, way too long... It's tough for me to go out on School Nights these days, though.

Breakfast would have to be a game time decision for me. Depends on... well, I guess a lot of stuff. :D

Anyway shoot me a PM next week if you want.

Green Mill is a zoo. You won't hear Elling there.

Go to Jazz Showcase http://www.jazzshowcase.com
or Andy's (also semi-loud but not as bad.)

If you're downtown go to Wishbone or Lou Mitchells for breakfast.

http://chicago.about.com/od/restaurantsclubs/tp/Great-Spots-for-Breakfast.htm

Green Mill is a zoo. You won't hear Elling there.

That's actually a good point... I really only ever remember the 'Mill for the late-night jam sessions on Friday and Saturday nights. And that's a whole 'nother animal anyway.

Edit: And I second the breakfast recommendations.

Last edited:
At the moment I am in town that day and MAY be able to meet you for an early breakfast but I'm right in the loop - LaSalle and Monroe. For me as well it will be a last minute call.

For Jazz don't forget Buddy Guy's!

OK.

Wishbone looks plenty do-able from my location. Barry, hope you can make it.

Any other takers? Migaldi, Slappy? I tried to shame Grant and Leslie, but Leslie had an excuse, and Grant just prattled on about "I work on the opposite side of town"... the guy flew 5 states for barbecue but won't drive across the city for breakfast? :rolleyes: :D

Cheers,

-Andrew

OK.

Any other takers? Migaldi, Slappy? I tried to shame Grant and Leslie, but Leslie had an excuse, and Grant just prattled on about "I work on the opposite side of town"... the guy flew 5 states for barbecue but won't drive across the city for breakfast? :rolleyes: :D

Cheers,

-Andrew

I'd like to but I'll still have to make it a game time decision... What time are you thinking? They don't open until 7, and that puts me in the office kinda late-ish depending on what I've got going on...

OK.

Cheers,

-Andrew
Which Wishbone, the one on Washington? I used to work across the street from it, and Oprah's studio (Harpo Productions) is kitty-corner. What time? Unfortunately, I have a 9:00 meeting that morning in Palatine.

Which Wishbone, the one on Washington? I used to work across the street from it, and Oprah's studio (Harpo Productions) is kitty-corner. What time? Unfortunately, I have a 9:00 meeting that morning in Palatine.

Wow, guilt works! :)

7 looks like as early as they open. I'm more than willing to go sooner if people are up for it. I have a 6 AM EST daily meeting, so I'll be up at 5...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Wow, guilt works! :)

7 looks like as early as they open. I'm more than willing to go sooner if people are up for it. I have a 6 AM EST daily meeting, so I'll be up at 5...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Yeah, I usually gotta be in the office by 7:30 these days, so I'm probably a no-go. :( I'll confirm one way or the other today or tomorrow though.

7am, Wishbone, who's in?

-ars

Got some pre-market work going on tomorrow (that I've been doing my best to skip, but...) so I gotta be in at 7. :(

If nothing else I'm just PO'd that I'll miss a chance at Wishbone breakfast. :D

Last edited:
I'm actually in! I pushed back my 9:00 until 10:00. (Of course, this means that I have to go to bed early on my anniversary! :()

I tried to shame Grant and Leslie, but Leslie had an excuse, and Grant just prattled on about "I work on the opposite side of town"... the guy flew 5 states for barbecue but won't drive across the city for breakfast? :rolleyes: :D

It takes less time to fly across 5 states than it does to drive across Chicago. :frown2:

Plus I don't like giving money to Chicago. But for Andrew, I will.:D Is it just going to be the two of us? Won't people talk?:rolleyes:

I think we collectively have enough evidence on those who would talk to employ the policy of "mutually assured destruction" :smile:

Washington location -- looks like it should be pretty close to my hotel. 0700?

Cheers,

-Andrew

I think we collectively have enough evidence on those who would talk to employ the policy of "mutually assured destruction" :smile:

Washington location -- looks like it should be pretty close to my hotel. 0700?

Cheers,

-Andrew
Roger. Is it just the two of us?

Just checking the board after being "out of touch" for almost a week. Where is this place - Wishbone on Washington? I'll try and make it!

Just checking the board after being "out of touch" for almost a week. Where is this place - Wishbone on Washington? I'll try and make it!
http://www.wishbonechicago.com/index.php?section=12
WISHBONE - West Loop
1001 W. Washington Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 850-2663 tel
(312) 850-4332 fax
DIRECTIONS: From north Kennedy, exit at Randolph and proceed 4 1/2 blocks to Morgan, then left 1 block. From Dan Ryan, exit Madison with a left 4 1/2 blocks to Morgan, then right 1 block. From West, take 290 to Racine exit, left 5-6 blocks to Washington then right 2 blocks to Moran. One block east from Oprah's HARPO STUDIOS; ten blocks east of UNITED CENTER; seven blocks west of LYRIC OPERA.

Grant shouldn't you be in bed??? :dunno:

Happy Anniversary BTW...

For the first time in years, I'm actually early... Beautiful day in Chitown coming,I'm watching the servers set up the restaraunt and enjoying the morning. I know Slappy claims 'work', but Barry and Grant are enroute!

Cheers,

-Andrew

It takes less time to fly across 5 states than it does to drive across Chicago. :frown2:

Tru dat.

ETE driving to Grant and Leslie, 1.75 hours, about what it takes for me to get to Mackinac Island flying. :D

Last edited:
You shoulda come down, Mike. Barry, Grant and I ate cholesterol laden food (Barry, I think you overpaid, I owe you at least a coffee), chatted about work, flying, and life, and overall had a great time. I wasn't too happy about the 0600 alarm, but the company more than made up for it!!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Tru dat.

ETE driving to Grant and Leslie, 1.75 hours, about what it takes for me to get to Mackinaw Island flying. :D
Yeah, you just about nailed it! Left at about 5:50, got to the restaurant at about 7:40. And to work by 9:40 after dropping Andrew off. Good seeing him and Barry again.

Wish I coulda made it, guys. Sounds like you had fun!

Andrew: If anything opens up around lunch, let me know.

Back