Brazil court releases Long Island pilots' passports

I am glad to read this; I was also glad to read (earlier) that the Phenom's pilots had not disregarded ATC instructions.

About time. All the 'evidence' I've seen printed in various sources points to an ATC mistake. So why aren't they under house arrest if this is a criminal matter (which it shouldn't be).

aritcle said:
However, the two must agree to return to Brazil for any further inquiry and judicial action, the court said.

ya i suppose i would too, but theyd have to extradite me. we were just talking about this in chat last night, thank god they are coming home.

So glad to finally see this. What a horrible shame it was to unlawfully detain them in Brazil for such a long period of time for a wrong action they never took.

The captain was a good friend of my dad's friend....this is great news!

~Jason

even with my little spanish background, 2 yrs in high school, im am impressed with myself at how much i could make out!

or is it portugese and im just lucky?

even with my little spanish background, 2 yrs in high school, im am impressed with myself at how much i could make out!

or is it portugese and im just lucky?

It's Portugese, and I found it here:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246031&page=47
which is a thread I've been following since the accident. A lot of chaff to be sorted thru, but there are Brazilians on the forum, and it often makes interesting reading to get the full gamut of viewpoints.

I am glad they are free to go. I hope this is resolved quickly too. how scary. Our guys fly into /out of Brazil all the time, I hope this doesn't happen to them. ATC and plane maintenance in Latin America are dicey. You rarely hear of accidents in the US but you always hear about planes hitting the Andes or some BS...

Last edited:
Back