Brand/type of inner tube very low air leakage.

Snowmass

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Arturo
One of my 6:00-6 main wheels has a tube with a chrome ornamental ring around the valve stem and looses air much more slowly than the other two. Anybody know the brand or type. I would like too get one before splitting the wheel.

One of my 6:00-6 main wheels has a tube with a chrome ornamental ring around the valve stem and looses air much more slowly than the other two. Anybody know the brand or type. I would like too get one before splitting the wheel.
Leak stop?

Soapy water, spray it on the wheel, tire, bead, and valve/valve stem with cover off. Look for active bubbles.

I think you’re referring to the Michelin Airstops. I personally really like those better than the Leak Guards for the reason you give.

Thanks, I will try the Micheline. Rim air leaks would have to get beyond a tube first. Maybe you are thinking of tubeless tires. The leak is about 15 PSI in 6 months.

Thanks, I will try the Micheline. Rim air leaks would have to get beyond a tube first. Maybe you are thinking of tubeless tires. The leak is about 15 PSI in 6 months.

Chances are it's the valve stem..... if it's leaking at all. 15psi is not a lot of air for 6 months, all tires lose air over time, that is why they are not permanently sealed. Better to figure out the problem, if there is actually a problem, before replacing parts. 15 psi in six months is not an issue in my book.

Not the valve stem as I tested it and no, it's, not a lot of air but since the other tire only loses 5 PSI in six months I prefer the lower loss. My plane can sit 6 months without flying and pushing my plane around in my hangar meanwhile is very affected by tire pressure. At 88 years my pushing is not what is used to be.

I use the Michelin Air Stop. Very satisfied with the air retention and longevity.

Not the valve stem as I tested it and no, it's, not a lot of air but since the other tire only loses 5 PSI in six months I prefer the lower loss. My plane can sit 6 months without flying and pushing my plane around in my hangar meanwhile is very affected by tire pressure. At 88 years my pushing is not what is used to be.

Do what makes you happy brother, I hope it works for you.

Temperature is a big factor. Fill to 30PSI in the summer and in the winter it could be much less.

Air Stops are by far the best. Flight Custom IIIs are the best tires, when that time comes

I saw a pix of the Air Stops and it has that ornamental shiny ring on the valve stem so I agree that Air Stops do just that based on my other wheel's pressure retention. High air pressure really help in pushing an airplane around. Thanks.

I'll say it - using Summer air in the Winter is a recipe for seized amalgamators. Everyone knows this.

You roll the dice.....
…which is exactly why tires should ONLY be filled on the equinoxes. If it’s low before then, you need to wait…

Airstops work great a pressures below 40 psi, they do leak more above that.

I ONLY use Michelin Airstop tubes, they outperform every other brand I’ve tried.

Back