Brand New JPI 900 Issues

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
So our engine is installed along with our I thought awesome JPI 900! I flipped on the switch this evening with the A&P and it’s completely jacked up.

The temps are all showing below 10°F with the hanger temp at 70°F. The oil pressure gauge is red X and it won’t even recognize that it’s plugged in. The amps gauge is blank even though it’s sensing the gauge.

The fuel calibration screen doesn’t even work. It shows aux tanks which we do not have. The calibration readings are jumping several hundred numbers every time it reads. It doesn’t even recognize the fuel transmitters if you move them. So it’s impossible to do the fuel gauge calibration.

Anyone have any ideas what the heck
Is wrong with the unit??

Attachments

• E4056EB9-5B5B-460F-A775-168BE5F12445.jpeg
    E4056EB9-5B5B-460F-A775-168BE5F12445.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Just a swag, but it would seem to point to being installed incorrectly. Has your mechanic installed a JPI before?

If you warm the thermocouples up does the temperature go up or down? Remember that red is negative on thermocouples. My wag is that the installer wired them backward.

If you warm the thermocouples up does the temperature go up or down? Remember that red is negative on thermocouples. My wag is that the installer wired them backward.

Nothing happens. They all still read 8-10°F.

Did the mechanic ever turn it on before you were around to see it? LOL.

I’d say don’t worry about it and let the mechanic make the phone call to see what the manufacturer says. Ha.

Looks broke. LOL

Did the mechanic ever turn it on before you were around to see it? LOL.

I’d say don’t worry about it and let the mechanic make the phone call to see what the manufacturer says. Ha.

Looks broke. LOL

JPI said it’s a bad unit.

Just a swag, but it would seem to point to being installed incorrectly. Has your mechanic installed a JPI before?

Welp finally figured it out. The RPM/MAN/OIL harness plug on the unit is KIA. When you plug in all the harnesses except the bad one the unit works perfectly. The second you plug in the MAP/RPM/OIL harness into the bad plug the unit goes nuts. JPI is sending a new plug to swap out on the unit.

Back