Brand new here help with my Bucket List

Macguyver

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Macguyver
Hi everyone. I have a bucket list item I need your help with. All my life I always wanted to fly, started ground school when I was 15 but never got into the sky. I'm looking for a certified flight instructor\school (in Colorado area hopefully) who would be willing to work out some kind of barter with me so I can finally get my private pilots certificate. If you are or know anyone who might be able to help\work with me please let me know. 15 was a life time ago, I don't have a life time left. I have to do this, must do this, will do this with your help. If you'd be interested, let me know what you'd trade me for, if I don't have it, I'll figure out how to get it ! Thanks for taking the time.

Interesting concept. Maybe you can wash planes for hours!

If you'd be interested, let me know what you'd trade me for, if I don't have it, I'll figure out how to get it ! Thanks for taking the time.

It might help if you can describe what you have to barter. Plane washing isn't a bad idea; one plane wash is equivalent to 45min to one hour of dual flight instruction.

It might help if you can describe what you have to barter. Plane washing isn't a bad idea; one plane wash is equivalent to 45min to one hour of dual flight instruction.

I would say 2 plane washes is worth 45 mins of dual.

Welcome to the forum,good luck with your endeavors.

I would say 2 plane washes is worth 45 mins of dual.

I should have clarified- wash and wax.

I'd gladly provide an hour of dual to anyone who will wash and wax my plane twice.

Either way, it'll be a really clean plane by the time he solos!

Why not get a job so you can exchange cash for the services of a professional who you hire?

You might be able to figure something out, but unless you have a particularly valuable skill, it's going to take a LOT of work on your part to barter your way to a private certificate.

Margins are thin, not like anybody is making lots of money, it just is an expensive thing to do. I could do it for you here but you'd have to figure out a way to give me about $8,000 worth of value.

Probably be easier to just bartend and save your tips.

Well if you're an expert in tunnel construction there's a rich guy down in Mexico that ... never mind, he just escaped.

Back