brand new 182 with 19.3 hours on the Hobbes

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Hi all

went to my 99s meeting last night. one of the members just brought home her brand new 182 with a Garmin 1000 in it! it now has 19.3 hours on the Hobbes. She flew it here (east coast) from Kansas - 6 hours! (2, 3 hour legs)

wow, now THAT is a pretty plane. :cheerio:

They are a Fine and beautiful bird. The factory is only 50nm west of our home base. I have ferried some of the new ones before the Garmin Glass. They do give a poor boy STICKER shock!!! Maybe some day if I win the lottery.:yes:

jbelew said:
They are a Fine and beautiful bird. The factory is only 50nm west of our home base. I have ferried some of the new ones before the Garmin Glass. They do give a poor boy STICKER shock!!! Maybe some day if I win the lottery.:yes:

Yeah, but think of the poor guys who bought a 182 or whatever just before they announced the G1000 -- I'll bet those aircraft lost a bundle in resale value when the announcement was made -- now, that's sticker shock ;)

300+ I see.

a friend out at the airport has a Mooney, he paid 350+ for it but I'm not sure how long ago. He got a free set of Bose headsets when he bought it, so I assume he bought it new.

*doubles his spending on lottery tickets* Daddy needs a new ride!

Just kiddin, 2*0 still equals 0 ;)

Ahh.. Yes.. Some people are spoiled with a <30+ year old airframe... :) Can't say that I'm not a lil jealous myself... :)

AirBaker said:
Ahh.. Yes.. Some people are spoiled with a <30+ year old airframe... :) Can't say that I'm not a lil jealous myself... :)
But after a few years the newness wears off and then it's just another expensive used airplane.

Well, at least mine still smells new at 3.75 years and 330 TTSNEW.

The smell of new leather.

After a while is wears off. Hopefully it's a long time before it gets the stench of a well-worn trainer (or worse, one of those "fragrant christmas trees" that you can buy in a gas station....)

Hmm... I dont have anywhere to hang one of those trees in my cockpit. Of course you could probably have a better idea if your turns were coordinated or not!

woodstock said:
I don't even know what these things go for. maybe I don't want to know.

The last one I farried was rigged for export ( Alt in millibars and a brand new ADF) was only invoiced at $248,000.00

wsuffa said:
The smell of new leather.

After a while is wears off. Hopefully it's a long time before it gets the stench of a well-worn trainer (or worse, one of those "fragrant christmas trees" that you can buy in a gas station....)

:rofl: I used to have a running battle with the owner of an Arrow I rented a lot. Everytime I got in the plane, I threw out the christmas tree (dang thing STANK), and when I'd get back, he'd put in another one. I finally bought a plane to get away from them things.:rolleyes:

I got to 'ride' in a TBM700 with less than 38 hours TT. The pilot was demonstrating it for a potential customer (Yeah, right!). He taxied out, called traffic, and launched. Heading right out over the bay to 12K at about 1500 feet a minute, he certainly showed the planes capabilities. What a sweet plane and I'm sure the 'new leather' helped.
Another was a nearly new C172, TT >400 hours.
There's a lot to be said for a new aircraft (like a new car). But then, a nice rework of a good machine might even be better.

Back