Brace for Impact

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
I taped this on TLC the other night - haven't watched more than 5 minutes of it yet. Apparently Captain Sullenberger flew "the pattern" with the TV/movie crew to tape this.

I did see the very beginning where he saw the plane for the first time since the crash. ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, it didn't look too bad. The fuselage was mostly in one piece. No wings. The nose looked scarred. But it didn't look as bad as you'd expect.

I finally watched this yesterday. Excellent and a real nail biter even though you know how it ends. They interviewed many pax as well.

IMHO the the Captain did a great job and saved the lives of everyone on that plane.
Could others have done it also, probably. But since he DID do it, he deserves our praise.

I did see the very beginning where he saw the plane for the first time since the crash. ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, it didn't look too bad. The fuselage was mostly in one piece. No wings. The nose looked scarred. But it didn't look as bad as you'd expect.

I remember seeing photos of the plane while it was up for sale as salvage about a year ago - what amazed me was how much mud was all over the inside of the cockpit from that nasty river.

I remember seeing photos of the plane while it was up for sale as salvage about a year ago - what amazed me was how much mud was all over the inside of the cockpit from that nasty river.

I'll have to dig up the link, but I read just a few days ago that the plane was reassembled and will be displayed in a museum. Internet detective mode ON...

EDIT: Found it!

Last edited:
Back