BP med

U

Unregistered

So, say you get an "aggressive" primary doc who decides he'd like to put you on BP medication, just because you are 125/X. He's already noted it in his records and written the prescription. Two questions: 1) can you refuse and tell him to "unwrite" the prescription and notation? and 2) if you do take it, what actions doyou take with FAA? Notify them now and wait and see? Do they need another test now?

None of this has happened, but at my last physical it was hinted that he *wanted* to do it, but wouldn't.

Unregistered said:
So, say you get an "aggressive" primary doc who decides he'd like to put you on BP medication, just because you are 125/X. He's already noted it in his records and written the prescription. Two questions: 1) can you refuse and tell him to "unwrite" the prescription and notation? and 2) if you do take it, what actions doyou take with FAA? Notify them now and wait and see? Do they need another test now?

None of this has happened, but at my last physical it was hinted that he *wanted* to do it, but wouldn't.
That is the boat that I am in.

1) Treat your blood pressure aggressively. If that means meds, take the meds. Your health comes first.

2) 125/X is issuable in the office if you bring the right paperwork with you. It is pretty minimal.

-Skip

Also, am I right that FAA limits are 155/95? If so, why would 125/X with BP medication require paperwork?

Unregistered said:
Also, am I right that FAA limits are 155/95? If so, why would 125/X with BP medication require paperwork?
The required paperwork would say that you are being treated for prehypertension, not for hypertension.

Or you could just get the EKG, the K+ Creatinine, LDL/HDL/Chol and the statement from you doc "no clinically evident Coronary Disease" and be done with it forever.

He's just trying to prolong your life. Really.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back