Bourbon

frfly172

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
ron keating
For all the bourbon drinkers ,has anyone tried Breckinridge bourbon.voted bourbon of the year. Was given a bottle ,seems to be rather good.

Give it a try.think you'll like it.

It's pretty good; I've got a bottle open in the bar right now. Not quite as nice as Four Roses Single Barrel, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For all the bourbon drinkers ,has anyone tried Breckinridge bourbon.voted bourbon of the year. Was given a bottle ,seems to be rather good.
It may be a fine whisky but real Bourbon comes from Kentucky.

I've tried it, not my favorite. I'm stubborn. I like a bookers or kickin chicken if I'm going cheap. Will defer to TN Whisky when needed. I buy every bottle of Old Rip that I can get my hands on... It's rare around here, the local boozery holds me one bottle per year.

Send it to me and I will reply with an opinion. :)

I've slipped into a really bad bourbon habit. I buy the really cheap stuff, and either cook with it or mix it with coke.

I've slipped into a really bad bourbon habit. I buy the really cheap stuff, and either cook with it or mix it with coke.
That IS a bad habit.

But you could get the expensive stuff and have the opposite problem. A buddy of mine once said, while holding up a bottle of the good stuff, "Man, do I love this! But it it EXPENSIVE! It cost me my marriage, my kids, ..."

We have something in common. My favorite mixing Bourbon is Evan Williams 1783 for about $17 a bottle. It's drinkable neat but I usually mix it with Pepsi Max.

We have something in common. My favorite mixing Bourbon is Evan Williams 1783 for about $17 a bottle. It's drinkable neat but I usually mix it with Pepsi Max.

Haven't paid more than $10 for a bottle in awhile. The stuff is drinkable, but so is battery acid. But it does work well in food and mixes with soda pop, so I'm good. Don't do much better with tequila, either.

A good question is what 750 mls is a fifth of other than 3.75 liters.

Love Breckenridge. That and Woodford Reserve sit on the right side of the shelf - probably have a dozen bourbon's/whiskeys on hand

Love Breckenridge. That and Woodford Reserve sit on the right side of the shelf - probably have a dozen bourbon's/whiskeys on hand

Now that's what I like to hear,you can never have enough bourbon,on hand.

Haven't tried that one but will give it a shot (insert rim-shot here). My go to is George Dickel #12. By far one of the smoothest whiskeys to drink neat.

The only sin I can think of that's worse that ketchup on a hot dog is pouring coke or some other sugar water in burbon.

The only sin I can think of that's worse that ketchup on a hot dog is pouring coke or some other sugar water in burbon.

If you drank the bourbon I drink you'd gladly throw some coke in it. Remember, I primarily buy the stuff for culinary purposes. Now to put Coke in something like Woodford is a sin indeed.

If you drank the bourbon I drink you'd gladly throw some coke in it. Remember, I primarily buy the stuff for culinary purposes. Now to put Coke in something like Woodford is a sin indeed.

I caught my wife mixing my Knob Creek 9yr single barrel reserve with Dr Pepper :hairraise:

I told her that's what the Four Roses yellow label is for, and she says "but isn't this the better bourbon?" Well, yes it is. "I only want the best..."

:(

I picked up some Bulleit about an hour ago. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Years ago I went to a Small Batch Bourbon tasting/dinner, and it was glorious. One of the Noe descendants was on hand to tell us about the various products, along with a LOT of stories. My group feared stingy pours during dinner, and took some, ahem, liberties during the open bar portion preceding dinner. Turns out we didn't need to do so because we got very large pours throughout the various courses...

Anyway, one of the typical questions that Mr. Noe answered how their bourbon *should* be consumed... ie neat, rocks, mixed, whatever. He just smiled and said drink it any way you please...just drink it! :devil:

See what yall do.... Drive me to drankin'

I just got me a bottle of "I got tomorrow off" Wild turkey 101. Since I don't have to work and can't fly tomorrow.

Breckenridge on the rocks and a La Gloria Cubana Series N :yes:

I caught my wife mixing my Knob Creek 9yr single barrel reserve with Dr Pepper :hairraise:

I told her that's what the Four Roses yellow label is for, and she says "but isn't this the better bourbon?" Well, yes it is. "I only want the best..."

:(
She did marry you!

I am more of a vodka man. Stolichnaya kept in freezer poured over ice and OJ.

Back