Bourbon

Hey, do me a favor and run down and pick up a few bottles of the 15yr for that price. I am good for it, I will pay you back.
Yeah, it's $100 here ($170 for the 20Y and $270 for the 30Y).

Amusing, one of my wine sellers is listing it for more for 2016 "vintage" and even more for 2013 "vintage." The stuff doesn't bottle age like wine though so I'm not sure what they are up to unless the 2013 as a particularly good batch.

Amusing, one of my wine sellers is listing it for more for 2016 "vintage" and even more for 2013 "vintage." The stuff doesn't bottle age like wine though so I'm not sure what they are up to unless the 2013 as a particularly good batch.

I can't remember, but 2013 might have been the year of the great Pappy Heist....

Does your store actually have it in stock, on the shelves, for a $100 for a 15 year? And $170for a 20 year??

Actually, a little water enhances the bourbon. If you go to any critical tasting, they'll provide you some water to allow you to dilute it a tad.

Yes, "a little water". As in a drop or 2!

But, I'm practicing religious tolerance. People should drink their booze however they want.
Heck, I'll even try one of them "blended" margaritas every once in awhile.

I, for one, anxiously await the next great trend when the unwashed masses leave Bourbon for something else. This unneeded difficulty in finding good Bourbons is just annoying.

An ice cold bottle of Yoo Hoo and I am happy.!!!

glove.png

I can't remember, but 2013 might have been the year of the great Pappy Heist....

Does your store actually have it in stock, on the shelves, for a $100 for a 15 year? And $170for a 20 year??
I haven't checked the store stock, but it's on the price list.

I haven't checked the store stock, but it's on the price list.

Shocked if it is there. Those prices are a bit inflated for retail. But worth buying at those prices if you want Pappy, or, if you want to make some "kinda" illegal money and buy/sell them. The "kinda" grey market is quite a bit above those prices.

I wasn't exaggerating about what a bottle of 20 year costs. My club bought a bottle last week. Now if they'd get a bottle if Thomas H. Handy rye!

Alotted liquor list prices have nothing to do with market price.

I bought a Balvenie 12 a couple of weeks ago. I try a "wee dram" every now and again. But, mostly I like a good beer.

Tonight I tried a FestBier. A German style "amber" lager. Pretty good!

festbier.jpg
Just stay off their website. It's been infested with malware for months...no joke.

I wasn't exaggerating about what a bottle of 20 year costs. My club bought a bottle last week. Now if they'd get a bottle if Thomas H. Handy rye!

Your flying club bought a bottle? Wow that's a fun group!

Pappy? With Ice?? :(
A small cute puppy dies every time I see someone do that :(

No kidding. It should be against the law to put anything in the glass except Pappy. Pretty hard to find for a "daily drinker" but what do I know? I've still got a bottle of the 12, two 15s and although I've tasted it, I'm not paying 200 bucks for a 20 or 21 year old bottle.

My "daily" is Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark and Knob Creek in that order. For scotch, it has to be Dalwhinnie or Aberlour as a back up.

I've long been a single malt drinker... knowing that, my son in law's parents brought me a bottle of Scotch when they visited last spring after passing through Scotland (where she's originally from). It's an 80 year old Longmorn; apparently she knows somebody in the distillery and they personally tapped the cask for her; the bottle is hand labeled. Oh, my. I had to buy an 18 year old bottle from the same distillery to properly compare and appreciate it. Oh, my, indeed. I'm limiting myself to one glass per year at Christmas. Only problem is that the next drink (good but "ordinary" single malt) might as well be cheap bourbon by comparison.

Oops... Missed this thread before just posting my holiday drink thread a few minutes ago. Here around the holidays I find a nice post dinner port to hit the spot.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I need to get into this bottle of Thomas Handy Rye........ and the Willet Rye....... and the Eagle Rare 17.....

81a08322c8d168cc34dadf7d949c0c60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, do me a favor and run down and pick up a few bottles of the 15yr for that price. I am good for it, I will pay you back.

Sarcasm is a tricky game online. You and I both know that is the _RETAIL_, but only a few states with state-controlled liquor stores actually sell it at retail, and it's impossible to get :)

I don't know a lot about booze other than what I like, some of the stuff is like swallowing a rotary file. Scotch - yuck. vodka - yuck rye - some of the better stuff. Captan Morgan, Southern comfort, yeah, some but not steady.
Simply good sweet bourbon on the rocks, will do me.

Sarcasm is a tricky game online. You and I both know that is the _RETAIL_, but only a few states with state-controlled liquor stores actually sell it at retail, and it's impossible to get :)

I make no claims to understanding liquor sales and laws outside of my state. I have a good thing going, and can get access to some amazing Bourbon and Rye at true "retail", what ever that means, as it is not inflated by a profit system.

I am a big fan of Communism when it comes to State-owned Liquor Stores. They work very well.

I make no claims to understanding liquor sales and laws outside of my state. I have a good thing going, and can get access to some amazing Bourbon and Rye at true "retail", what ever that means, as it is not inflated by a profit system.

I am a big fan of Communism when it comes to State-owned Liquor Stores. They work very well.

Agreed. I wish I had your contacts. I try to drink Bourbon like a fish to get access to these deals, but so far haven't been successful :)

Back