Bourbon and football.

frfly172

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
ron keating
Had a short flight this morning,now kicking back with a couple of bourbons,watching opening night on NFL,what more could you ask for.

yes...in some motel room in Oklahoma...

Easy. Less football and more bourbon.

Whenever I watch football (my team is, unfortunately the Cowboys), I need copious amounts of Bourbon. :(

One of those girls I see walking down the runway on one of those Victoria's Secret commercials

Like maybe a jug of Prestone antifreeze... for a slow prolonged and painful death?

I've been watching the Packers since 1967. It's hard to remember a more disheartening season opener. The opponent didn't even matter -- it was a complete collapse, and they would have lost to ANY NFL team tonight.

While at OSH this year stayed at Green Bay, visited the stadium,nice field,the team however seems to be a let down again.

While at OSH this year stayed at Green Bay, visited the stadium,nice field,the team however seems to be a let down again.
The Packers have all the talent in the world, but they forgot Lombardi's maxim: "Football is a game of blocking and tackling".

I don't know, I think they will end up better than you think, Seattle is a very good team and playing in Seattle is a HUGE advantage for the home team!! That is the loudest place I've ever been for a football game, the fans aren't just loud part of the time, they are loud whenever Seattle is on defense! They don't care what the score is, they are cheering! :D
Now Sunday my Falcons play the damnedSaints! That should be a good game, it usually is!:D
The Packers have all the talent in the world, but they forgot Lombardi's maxim: "Football is a game of blocking and tackling".

Patriots , Miami already stored up on the bourbon,and steak tips.

I love a Woodford Reserve over ice with a splash of water.

yes...in some motel room in Oklahoma...

Aww..gods country.

I never had bourbon in Oklahoma but sure killed many beers (younger days) redneck Gatorade!

I was suppose to be in OKC yesterday day but weather didn't permit the trip. Instead wife and I to flew to Spearfish to look at motorhome. Nasty weather on way home.

Aww..gods country.

My response to that has *always* been "God can have it".

I escaped today, back in Colorado after nine hours on the road. The 'kota is down on an ADS-B technicality. I never should have asked the FAA if my installation was compliant....

Nasty weather out your way yesterday. My field guys had hell with lightning strikes on the grid.

Knob Creek Single Barrel 9 year 120 proof is one of the best Bourbons on the planet that's readily available in most liqueur stores at about $45/ bottle. To get better, you have to move up to the exotic unobtanium stuff like George T Stagg or Pappy Van Winkle's which costs 3 digits+ per bottle... if you can find it. Everything else is just "meh" quality Bourbon.

Last edited:
I'm going to need something stronger than bourbon to watch the Buckeyes this year.

We are attending the Red Bull Air Races in Ft. Worth (flying home later today) and stumbled into a Cowboy bar in Grapevine during the game yesterday.

By halftime, that bar was suicidal. They are going to need lots of bourbon, if Romo plays like that all season.

Bourbon or Canadian will do nicely when Scotch is unavailable. :thumbsup:

Back