Bottom line: if you want to see your valuables again, don’t let a TSA agent near them

Re: Bottom line: if you want to see your valuables again, don’t let a TSA agent near

Our company security policy is to NEVER check your laptop. Having had items stolen from checked luggage, I concur. And, TSA, Alaska and AA all pointed fingers at each other.

Re: Bottom line: if you want to see your valuables again, don’t let a TSA agent near

Our company security policy is to NEVER check your laptop. Having had items stolen from checked luggage, I concur. And, TSA, Alaska and AA all pointed fingers at each other.
Same here. I have also had TSA steal things, part of the reason why I do not check baggage any longer unless I have to.

My laptop stays with me always. But I check anything else, and refuse to travel with anything remotely valuable.

Given the means they used for hiring "agents" in all the waste such as the tens of thousands they spent to hire for Steamboat Springs, I'm doubting the quality of people hired are all that great.

Then, just look at the number of TSA employees sitting on their ass in any airport terminal. It's ridiculous. This bureaucracy is as worthless as they come.

I went through DFW on Wednesday. As the tub with my laptop comes out of the chute, one of the TSA spitheads picked up the laptop with the gloves on and then grabbed the tub with the other hand, as he went to set the laptop down, it slid in his hand, and I was watching with horror as he righted it at the last second.

Then he went to hand it to me directly, and I just said 'put it down'. He set it on the roller belt again, and I picked it up with both hands and put it away in my bag.

I don't want anything to do with those people, and I don't trust any one of them. I watch everything I have from the time I get in line, until I get in my car at home.

Oh, gee, but they are guaranteeing our security. They are the frontline defense of our homeland. Their training is second to none. The screening process for TSA agents is among the most rigorous in the world. These people are the best of the best.

:rolleyes:

They are, in my experience, without exception, some of the dumbest, laziest, non-thinking automatons on the planet. They would have made great Nazis, as they have no ability to think independently nor any ability to empathize with the prisoners/sorry, passengers/ whom they are protecting. The TSA is the single largest boondoggle ever foisted off on the American tax-paying public, and the greatest crime is that we will NEVER be rid of it. Never.

Time to get a Cessna 340!!!!

They are, in my experience, without exception, some of the dumbest, laziest, non-thinking automatons on the planet. They would have made great Nazis, as they have no ability to think independently nor any ability to empathize with the prisoners/sorry, passengers/ whom they are protecting. The TSA is the single largest boondoggle ever foisted off on the American tax-paying public, and the greatest crime is that we will NEVER be rid of it. Never.

Time to get a Cessna 340!!!!
I kinda knew that when DHS was being proposed. One way to fix a system is too set a new bureaucracy to do it. :no:

If you remember, even GW wasn't sold on it at first. I think everybody went along on the usual "Do something! or you're with THEM!" principle, which has brought us every knee jerk then or since.

You can see the comment of the actual power mad functional illiterate TSA agents that they tell each other that you in the great teeming millions have to cowtow to them or just take the bus. They take particular pleasure in wielding their temporary power over higher classes like pilots and business people.

BTW, the TSA is continuing to make noises that they'll get your Cessna 340 directly. You just can't have a way to route around them.

Man Mike that story just enrages me. The ONLY place I have ever been where the screeners were professional, honest, through and actually made a difference was at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv.

Man Mike that story just enrages me. The ONLY place I have ever been where the screeners were professional, honest, through and actually made a difference was at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv.

They are professional there, aren't they. You knew what they were doing and why. And at 3 in the morning they were a lot more awake than I was. :D

I have my business card taped to my computer. It seems all Dells look alike and the TSA guardians (or my fellow rushed passengers) sometimes mix things up.

I have my business card taped to my computer. It seems all Dells look alike and the TSA guardians (or my fellow rushed passengers) sometimes mix things up.
I have my big AOPA sticker on the cover.

(How do you know there's a pilot in the room? Don't worry, s/he'll tell you!:goofy:)

Back