Both medical and pilot certficate revoked for DUI?

A

Anonymous

I recently discovered that a pilot I know was arrested for DUI a while back after a car crash. After discovering this I looked them up in the FAA Airmen Directory. For medical info it shows up as "No Medical Information Available". For Certificates it shows up as:
Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT

For further information, you may contact the Airmen Certification Branch at toll free (866) 878-2498.

Limits:
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.
I believe this means that both their medical and pilot certificates were revoked. I would expect to see a revoked medical but the pilot certificate surprises me. Do you think it's a result of failing to report the DUI to the FAA and having them finding out on their own? Or maybe they had priors that they hid from the FAA. Or I could mistaken and they do revoke pilot certificates for DUI.

I won't speculate on the OP's friend, but if the FAA discovers an alcohol related offense through the National Driver Registry that wasn't disclosed per 61.15(e), that's pretty much automatic suspension of a certificate, regardless of what FAA does to your medical.

That notation does not infer a revocation. He could be suspended for something unrelated to the DUI.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back